smile.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can get the game to run in NO$GBA Version 2.4a, although it generates an error message (in a non-English language, therefore unreadable by English-only readers).Â

However, if I go into "Options > Emulation Setup" and change the "NDS Cartridge Backup Media" setting to "EEPROM 8KBytes", "EEPROM 64KBytes", or "FRAM 32KBytes", then the game is actually playable (or rather, as playable as No$gba can barely manage any game).

It DOES NOT work in M3 DS Simply. It literally has shown a better chance of working in my Max Media Dock, which is a big "OUCH".

And for the love of God, stop telling us how much you think the game sucks, or gtfo please sirs.

Did you know that you can use the R4 firmware on the M3 Simply, with just a little tweaking? Therefore, if it works on the latest R4 firmware, it will work with it in the M3 Simply. Instead of mini-modding, try to get your facts right next time.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
I can get the game to run in NO$GBA Version 2.4a, although it generates an error message (in a non-English language, therefore unreadable by English-only readers).Â

However, if I go into "Options > Emulation Setup" and change the "NDS Cartridge Backup Media" setting to "EEPROM 8KBytes", "EEPROM 64KBytes", or "FRAM 32KBytes", then the game is actually playable (or rather, as playable as No$gba can barely manage any game).

It DOES NOT work in M3 DS Simply. It literally has shown a better chance of working in my Max Media Dock, which is a big "OUCH".

And for the love of God, stop telling us how much you think the game sucks, or gtfo please sirs.

Did you know that you can use the R4 firmware on the M3 Simply, with just a little tweaking? Therefore, if it works on the latest R4 firmware, it will work with it in the M3 Simply. Instead of mini-modding, try to get your facts right next time.

R = M
4 = 3

GOODE JORB!!!!!!!!!!!`

BlankDS.jpg

QUOTE(Rictrunks @ Dec 18 2007, 04:49 PM)It works with M3 DS Simply Version 1.04.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4

No.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh, obviously you're not aware of the fact that the R4 and the M3 Simply (heck, even the M3 Perfect) are made by the same company. The only difference is like, a label and one solder joint.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
It's a typical noob-thing to call R4 and "M3" the same.

R4 = (M3 DS) Simply

like someone said, there is much more than just one flashcard from M3 and the simply and the R4 are the same

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have supercard rumble..what settings do you need for this to work?

when I turn it on, i get this black sceen with Japanese letters on it.

Nevermind SOrrry!!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is incredible so far. Excellent intro, great graphics, good character models, good cutscenes. I'm loving it.

The battle animations are really cool so far, and I haven't seen any lag during the battles (R4, 1.09, Kingston (J) 1G )

I understand no Japanese and have never played FFIV before, but I can make my way through it okay so far. Just from playing FFIII on the DS, everything is familiar enough.

Hopefully there will be some good help topics and translation topics, and I can play this one through!

BTW, I've been auto-battling the whole time I typed this. Grinders delight!

incinerator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the text mostly the same from the previous versions, or is it an all-new script? If the dialogue carries over then it could be a simple matter to slap together an English translation... except some minor work for the new stuff of course.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game is incredible so far. Excellent intro, great graphics, good character models, good cutscenes. I'm loving it.

The battle animations are really cool so far, and I haven't seen any lag during the battles (R4, 1.09, Kingston (J) 1G )

I understand no Japanese and have never played FFIV before, but I can make my way through it okay so far. Just from playing FFIII on the DS, everything is familiar enough.

Hopefully there will be some good help topics and translation topics, and I can play this one through!

BTW, I've been auto-battling the whole time I typed this. Grinders delight!
no lag in battles eh?
I don't get any lag per say, but the frame rate does drop to around 20fps
do you get any frame drop like that?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is incredible so far. Excellent intro, great graphics, good character models, good cutscenes. I'm loving it.

I understand no Japanese and have never played FFIV before, but I can make my way through it okay so far. Just from playing FFIII on the DS, everything is familiar enough.

BTW, I've been auto-battling the whole time I typed this. Grinders delight!
no lag in battles eh?
I don't get any lag per say, but the frame rate does drop to around 20fps
do you get any frame drop like that?
I honestly don't see any difference between the battles and the rest of the game. Nothing that looks like a drop in frame rate. Everything seems full speed, the background animations look full speed. I would even guess that the load time for a battle is slightly less than FFIII.

Maybe it's just my untrained eye. I'll switch everything over to a microSD that I know is slower, and see if it makes any difference.

Edit: I switched over to a slower microSD and didn't see any difference. Looking at it more critically, I guess I can see a little bit of slowdown (on both cards) when the in-battle menus are coming up, and the occasional hitch in the enemy animation. I'm not sure if that's the kind of slowdown you mean or not. I guess I'll have to wait for some gameplay videos to confirm.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
there isn't much movement in the battles, so it's a little hard to tell
have a look when the one dude spins his sword after a victory, on my R4 the frame rate is so low that it seems to jump (roughly) 90 degrees between frames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.