DS #1782: Power Pro Kun Pocket 10 (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tempbot, Dec 6, 2007.

Dec 6, 2007
  1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-2588^^
    Contributed by Rayder

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Thanks Rayder...and Baseball on DS sounds interesting.
    The DS's touchscreen...and the stylus could be bat, eh?

3. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    GBAtemp.net has 1337 number of posts.

We must have a party.

4. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

Hmm... no, its not really 1337 posts, they changed it to stay at 1337 i think because its been like it for a few posts.

And this could be cool, waiting for more feedback before downloading.

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Is this the one with the new 3-D graphics, or is it still the 2-D, hand-drawn stuff? [​IMG] I likes me some 3-D... [​IMG]

6. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    Koshien Mode is the main single-player mode of the game, and takes the place of the "Success Mode" from other Power Pro games. The player takes the role of either the manager of a high school team (for a period of ten years) or a player on the team (for three years). Either role involves assigning training tasks to the players on the team to improve their skill, and both have as their goal winning either the spring or summer national tournament.

Baseball players (in either mode) who participated in a tournament can be saved to make original teams which can be used in the other game modes or in other Power Pro installments.

Wi-Fi Mode

The game also supports the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and players can play single matches or tournaments against other players using their original teams.

In "manager mode", the player inputs indirect commands using the stylus instead of directly controlling the players.

[​IMG]

Edit:

Video

7. Shanshobo

Member Shanshobo GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    English version please...fast if posible... [​IMG]

8. Gayle

Newcomer Gayle Member

United States
    You do know that 9 was 3d don't you? It was Atsumare! Power Pro Kun no DS Koushien that was 2D. But yes, you can use 3D in this one.

9. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    maybe he has dial-up?

10. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sadly I don't think we'll see one, I crossed my fingers for a translation of 9 and it never came. I enjoy the quick game mode (second option down) although obviously I'd be better if I understood how to change my blokes around. Sadly the awesome looking main RPG mode is out of reach of my stupid non-jap understanding brain. :'(

11. blahman

Member blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    theyre starting to have a couple of console versions of power pro getting US release under MLB license... soooo lets hope they release one for DS in english soon

12. Gayle

Newcomer Gayle Member

United States

That's because that game actually featured the MLB. These have NPB (and high schools).

13. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    wish 2k sports would make a MLB Power Pros... but i'm very happy to have power pro kun pocket 10, i loved 9... great baseball game, english would make playing success mode fun. wifi play will be sweet. downloading now.

Review Edit: this game is awesome... 3d characters are nice addition to the great gameplay power pro 9 had. controls are just as they were last year. great quality full audio commentary, but in japanese of course (i only understand the english words; strike, ball, out). wifi will be nice, gonna try that with a buddy. still wish there was english option, or if 2k would bring MLB Power Pros to the DS (still wanting an opportunity to try MLB Power Pros on Wii). here's link to forum post of me learning 9's controls... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57367&hl=

14. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately even if it's translated they'll probably westernise it and remove the twee graphics, zany storyline etc [​IMG]

15. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

Actually, I have very little space on my hard drive and i'm nearing my bandwidth limit so therefore downloading this game could hurt my wallet. Please keep your opinions to yourself.

16. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    MLB Power Pros on the Wii is pretty faithful to the PS2/Wii versions of Power Pro Kun series... from the graphic style and even includes the RPG mode where you take your create a charactor through high school and minor leagues as you work towards the major leagues. So a DS version of MLB Power Pros should truly be an regionalized port of this game in english, and with MLB teams instead of NPB teams.

17. ABoyandhisBlob

Newcomer ABoyandhisBlob Newbie

United States
    Did anyone get this to work an a G6Lite?

Any help with the settings is appreciated.