DS #1780: Arkanoid DS (Japan)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This and Geo Wars are the only games I've been playing and before them Contra 4 & Orcs & Elves. Its great that the DS has been getting some quality retro gaming now instead of the usual crap DS remakes.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused by the quest mode - I've completed the tasks for all the 'A' levels (A-1 to A-5) but I haven't unlocked the next line, the 'B' levels. What do I have to do to access them?

Definitely tempted by the paddle, even after shipping it's only £15. Really like the weak dollar at the moment, makes buying from China cheap as chips
biggrin.gif

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone else noticed the Puchi Carat references in the game? I wonder if the Wifi on Arkanoid Ds is similar to it
happy.gif

I'm a bit confused by the quest mode - I've completed the tasks for all the 'A' levels (A-1 to A-5) but I haven't unlocked the next line, the 'B' levels. What do I have to do to access them?
You need to try Clear Game first. Each Zone you finish provides you with it's respective quests in Quest Game.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems fun using Stylus controls but the framerate is just... dissapointing. I really expected the movement of the ball and everything to be fluid, smooth, but its not. Its consistent, but choppy. I mean I have Alleyway on my old fat gameboy and it looks smoother than this. Whats up with that? :|

Ownko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.atomix.vg
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems fun using Stylus controls but the framerate is just... dissapointing. I really expected the movement of the ball and everything to be fluid, smooth, but its not. Its consistent, but choppy. I mean I have Alleyway on my old fat gameboy and it looks smoother than this. Whats up with that? :|

Don't take my word for it, but perhaps the game is using a 3D engine (some of the background effects look 3D-ey), and making 3D on both screens always cuts the framerate in half.

30 fps is perfectly playable once you get used to it, though. I can't stop playing and collecting new decoration stuff. I want it in english.

paxl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup it does,

I love my G6
tongue.gif
[ I never had a game that I wanted to play taht I simply can't
tongue.gif
]

Lastest patcher + latestest loader

paxl13

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you use WiFi on it?
thats what I want to know now.

Wifi works. I can't tell you exactly how but keep pressing buttons until you see ...WAIT... and it will connect you to other players. I liked the Wifi version better than the single game. It's sort of like Twinkle Star Sprites where you can cause damage to the other guys screen by getting under the correct upgrades while trying to eliminate the blocks on your screen.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I received the rest of my arkanoid ds order (black and silver paddles
smile.gif
to complete my set of all four colours) from ncs today so I'll post pics of the paddle controller (both outside and internals) later tonight. it appears that taito went all out and provided a very nice accessory item in the way of their paddle add-on.

featuring mouse eye-hole sensor technology and a double gear/bearing system, the paddle gives a sense of being weighted (eg. you can spin it hard and the paddle will continue to rotate a few revolutions while log rhythmically decreasing in speed).

as I stated previously, this controller would work perfectly for a game like tempest or gyruss. so, here's hoping that some other paddle games that will utilize this accessory will appear on the horizon shortly.

ausbob06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would have been nice to have seen those pics of the different coloured paddles u got thieves
biggrin.gif
I used to play this game way back on the first mac my family ever had (early 80's) and it was a nice game then and really enjoying this ds release. I wouldnt mind getting a paddle if they are every sold seperately and an english release of this game would be great too.

BuzzleWuzzle

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi folks,
my paddle-controller arrived some days ago... I'm using M3simply and an EZFlash 3in1ExpansionPak. The Arkanoid-Rom did not work, I replaced the arm7.bin and it worked. Now, I can choose the paddle-controller but it is working

AWFULLY SLOW! :'(

unlike in this video (original DS-Cart): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6lbCz6kYBc

I have to rotate the knob more than 15 times to get from one side to the other... pfrzzzz!

Anyone a good idea?

thx, BW

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't need to replace the arm7.bin. Make sure you have the very latest firmware on your M3 and try the clean rom. Let me know if it works because I was thinking of getting to paddle and I'm using an R4 so I guess I'd have a similar problem.

Anyone know if there's a sensitivity option in buried in the japanese-heavy menus?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the paddle controller requires very little rotation (in either direction) to move the pod from the left edge to the right. I've tried it out with both an original cart as well as on the R4 (v1.14) and had no issues with either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: