DS #1694: Mario Party DS (USA)

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate this game!! It's all luck and useless minigames. The minigames themselves are quite fun. but their often is no goal. Because with minigames you only get coins and after 3 or 4 rounds you usually have over 50 coins. And with coins you can buy a star allright, but my opponents are always luckier than me for being closer to a star.
Welcome to the world of Mario Party, getting people frustrated since 1999. At least there is no more Shy Guy side minigame where you have to rotate the N64 control stick in circles to make the toy fly, completely ripping apart the palm of your hand. What was Hudson Soft thinking?

Anyway... no WiFi = uncalled for, and in other words, "teh suck". The only reason I wanted Mario Party on the DS was FOR Wifi. This is about as useful and fun as playing Chess with yourself. Unless there was a reason they couldn't put WiFi in the game, for example, limitations of the DS or some other reason, I don't see any excuse fit for it.

I can only imagine this game gets boring pretty fast. Playing against friends over local multi-player could be fun, but if you have to get all your friends together in one room just to play, I'd much rather dust off my Gamecube and play Mario Party 5, the best game of the entire overplayed series.

Milk Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been unable to play multiplayer with my friend. We both are using Supercard SD's and have 1.84 firmware and I'ved tried patching with both 2.62 software and also 2.63 (beta) software. I've tried various configurations for patching the rom with no luck. It seems like it just won't work with DS Download play.

Additionally, it seems like several new games won't work multiplayer as well. We've tried Super Collapse 3, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat. Those games seemed to work for a minute or two but then the connection stopped working. They were not DS Download though.

Using the newest firmware, it seems like old games aren't effected, so I don't think that's the issue. We used DS Download to play good ol' Bust-A-Move which neither of us will ever remove from our SD cards. It worked fine.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I will cross post this in the Supercard specific forum just in case nobody reads it here!

Thanks in advance.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I hate this game!! It's all luck and useless minigames. The minigames themselves are quite fun. but their often is no goal. Because with minigames you only get coins and after 3 or 4 rounds you usually have over 50 coins. And with coins you can buy a star allright, but my opponents are always luckier than me for being closer to a star.

I like the fact that it's more luck-based than skill based. That means I can play my younger sisters without completely destroying them.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like the fact that it's more luck-based than skill based. That means I can play my younger sisters without completely destroying them.

Yep, totally true, and I'm not denying the fact that this game probably is really enjoyable with friends. Allthough I remember once playing a Mario Party game on the gamecube with two friends and I almost fell asleep.

I really would have liked it if they had added something like: For every 100 coins you get a star. So you can choose to go for the actual star OR earn stars by collecting coins. Then the minigames would always make sense. But with this game, if I have 150 coins I really don't care if I win or loose a minigame.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man I had some of the best times of my life playing mario party on the 64 lol

sad I know..

not having wifi isnt really an issue to me. These games go for a pretty long time, unless its like a quick race or a quick battle/puzzle/whatever else people are not going to stay for the duration of the time. Especially if their losing..

Playing with friends locally would be heaps more fun... then again, isnt that what the 64 is for???

EDIT: wifi would be cool if it was just the first one to win 5 mini games wins, but the whole game thing is pretty long @_@

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:

LOL. You can get instant teleport to the star with only 15 coins. No luck. Just get it and you can get star in the next turn.
Mini-games=more coins=more teleporters and triple cubes=win.
Forgot about shop=loose

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:

LOL. You can get instant teleport to the star with only 15 coins. No luck. Just get it and you can get star in the next turn.
Mini-games=more coins=more teleporters and triple cubes=win.
Forgot about shop=loose

Where can you find those teleporters?

gweedyj

Brooklyn Beatdown!
Trophies
Website
www.thebrooklynbeatdown.com
XP
Country
United States
No WiFi kinda kills it though
frown.gif
no wifi does suck but luckily for me a i know 6 other people with a DS. 2 of them have m3s. Sadly the chances of us all being somwhere at the same time with DSs is slim to none.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got round to playing this, gave it about an hour. A typical example of what an average game is. This will be improved with multiplayer but as a single player game its just not fun enough for me.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game has awesome single-card multiplayer. I just spent about an hour playing
it with a friend. Some of the minigames are really fun.

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to play this if more than one people have a cart? All I can find is the single-cart download play.

mrxle3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4DS, and my girlfriend has a Supercard DSONE. I've only found the option for download play; does that mean one of us has to delete the game in order for us to play multiplayer? Confused =(. We tried the multiplayer download play option, but the screen just hangs forever.

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4DS, and my girlfriend has a Supercard DSONE. I've only found the option for download play; does that mean one of us has to delete the game in order for us to play multiplayer? Confused =(. We tried the multiplayer download play option, but the screen just hangs forever.
Download Play means only 1 game cartridge is required; the other DS's will download the game from the DS that is hosting. So, if I were you, I would host the game on the R4DS, and let your girlfriend download it from your DS because I know Download Play works with R4DS... I don't know if Supercard DSONE can do it. How do you let the other DS download? Simple, just power on the other DS with no game cartridge and press DS Download Play.
wink2.gif

Xcist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mmm is it just me, or does story mode not work on my R4?! I just get a black screen! I've tried trimmed and untrimmed
frown.gif

help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol