DS #1672: Dungeon Explorer: Jashin no Ryouiki (Japan)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna give this a try, I know I won't be able to understand anything but I really need to know how well it plays. It did get 26/40 in Famitsu though.

Can't wait for an English release and from the last bit of info I read it looks like we'll get it in the first half of 2008.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is it an RPG or a dungeon RPG ?

The website pictures are not showing a lot which game type it is.
it seems with multi player we have choice about normal game or dungeon rpg game.

for me :
dungeon RPG = always same place for the dungeon and only one or few dungeons, new random map each time you enter it, and often always starting at Lv1. (azure dream like)
I think dungeons are a little boring.

RPG = continue the dungeon exploration and story where you left, could have random map but stay the same each time entering the dungeon again. (diablo like)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gonna give this a try, I know I won't be able to understand anything but I really need to know how well it plays. It did get 26/40 in Famitsu though.

Can't wait for an English release and from the last bit of info I read it looks like we'll get it in the first half of 2008.

Hadrian, that's exactly what I was about to post. I'll try this game, even though I usually wait for an English (either US or EU) release. Looks REALLY good!

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
is it an RPG or a dungeon RPG ?

The website pictures are not showing a lot which game type it is.
it seems with multi player we have choice about normal game or dungeon rpg game.

for me :
dungeon RPG = always same place for the dungeon and only one or few dungeons, new random map each time you enter it, and often always starting at Lv1. (azure dream like)
I think dungeons are a little boring.

RPG = continue the dungeon exploration and story where you left, could have random map but stay the same each time entering the dungeon again. (diablo like)

From what I've seen in videos it's an action RPG, kinda like Diablo. I've yet to find it though...
cry.gif

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
OMG!!! I was soooooooooooo waited for this game. westren and mature RPG for a change.
no more pink blobs to slash or save!!.
The irony is that there was no decent RPG out there (till today, O&E is out too) since they are all jap-style and finally when a western-oriented RPG is comming out, it's in japanise.

another long waiting for the english version ):

and yes there is an option to play in this game with friends over the WiFi, this game is THE RPG we were all waited (and waiting) for.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've only played this for about an hour but it plays just like an isometric 3D crawler ala Diablo. If only I knew more Japanese I'd be able to enjoy it even more. Through trial and error I've managed to upgrade my fighter with the weapons and armour that monsters have dropped.

To use your level up points press start and then the top left option.
To swap your weapons press start and then the bottom left option.

One thing I've not been able to suss out is the yellow pulsing icon next to my health meter. It appeared after I levelled up for the first time and I've not be able to get rid of it. Any help or pointers would be great. perhaps it is some kind of a skill tree type notification?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hudson have just announced that this is out in Febuary so not long now.

That will be awesome. I tinkered with it a bit, and it seems like a complete rip off of Diablo...and that's a good thing. Even down to the armor / weapon interface for your character is taken from Diablo...the vendors, everything. I'm not gonna play through it -- I just wanted to check it out -- but it will be a real treat to have something like this to play on the DS. My main concern was the animation / frame-rate factor, but it even looks like Diablo in that respect; nothing cutting-edge, but suitable for this type of game.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OMG!!! I was soooooooooooo waited for this game. westren and mature RPG for a change.
no more pink blobs to slash or save!!.
The irony is that there was no decent RPG out there (till today, O&E is out too) since they are all jap-style and finally when a western-oriented RPG is comming out, it's in japanise.

another long waiting for the english version ):

and yes there is an option to play in this game with friends over the WiFi, this game is THE RPG we were all waited (and waiting) for.

Well, ironically, you'll be slashing a great deal of GRAY blobs for the first hour of the game...
rofl2.gif
I played a bit, then saw pics of the english version on IGN and promptly deleted it. I can wait...
yaynds.gif

The DS diagonals are a pain though. I hope Summon Night Twin Edge gets localized. So much better with the stylus...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over