DS #1609: Asterix at the Olympic Games (Europe)

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice i want to try this and then the mario and sonic olympics
smile.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the graphics are nice and really detailed. The main complaint is sometimes you have to watch the bottom screen where you have to use the stylus to play, and you don't get to watch the actual game, thus you miss out on the graphics, yo-yo is a good example. Other than that its not to bad a game, not sure how long till the novelty wears off though. Oh and you may want to invest in a screen protector....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the graphics are nice and really detailed. The main complaint is sometimes you have to watch the bottom screen where you have to use the stylus to play, and you don't get to watch the actual game, thus you miss out on the graphics, yo-yo is a good example. Other than that its not to bad a game, not sure how long till the novelty wears off though. Oh and you may want to invest in a screen protector....

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised how fun some of the events are. And yeah, the graphics are really quite nice, especially the backgrounds. They did an amazing job with anti-aliasing (I presume, since the DS doesn't, I think, do texture filtering). The backgrounds look more like an N64 game than anything I've seen yet on the DS. The characters aren't too bad either, but nothing special.

Fun events though, except for the slingshot thing in the Egyptian events.
wacko.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THis didnt look like fun at first...but Im going to give it a try because you peoples have said good things about it

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's gonna be a Mario and Sonic Olympics game?

Wow.. All the releases I know are Ninja Gaiden DS.. UMK3DS, COD4, DQM: Joker, Contra 4.. That's about it.

Someone fill me in, please?

~Nero

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
nice game, I wouldn't regret buying this
smile.gif

one thing bugs me though, they've got a really really nice engine for this game, and it's kinda a shame to see it used only on minigames, could've been used for an excellent platformer or adventure game.. oh well, maybe next time
wink.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice game, I wouldn't regret buying this
smile.gif

one thing bugs me though, they've got a really really nice engine for this game, and it's kinda a shame to see it used only on minigames, could've been used for an excellent platformer or adventure game.. oh well, maybe next time
wink.gif

There was a platrorm game and it looks like the same engine. Was overlooked by many and it wasnt a bad game really http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39304

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, it's based off an asterix movie ? i'm glad the likeness are still the same as the comics.

edit: I wonder if they did pre-game 'potion' testing at the olympics back then
tongue.gif

shinmai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
edit:Â I wonder if they did pre-game 'potion' testing at the olympics back then
tongue.gif

In the comic? No. The Gauls pretty much got hammered on potion before every event, and no-one seemed none the wiser. Can't remember how that particular one ended, though. Could be that they got theri come-uppings in the end.

More minigames for the DS, eh? This will make for good ammunition for my sony-fanboy friends when they next ridicule me about my baby-console
frown.gif

Sakati

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
They did an amazing job with anti-aliasing (I presume, since the DS doesn't, I think, do texture filtering).

The DS does support anti-aliasing. But most games don´t utilize it, since you need to draw the whole scene form front to back - which can be tricky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol