DS #1559: World Snooker Championship: Season 2007-08 (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Oct 25, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    ^^ndsrelease-2285^^

2. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    out of nowhere....
    The controls really spoil this game, they are to fiddly and the balls in the 3D view seem to look like they are hovering over the table sometimes......

3. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    The dudes on the cover either look very British or very Ghey. Not sure which.

4. DjFIL

DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2003
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    hrmm... i look forward to try this game. would be nice to have a good pool/snooker game on the DS. hope the controls arn't as bad as funem states. will try once home from work.

5. 4ppleseed

4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    London
    Archer MacLean's Pool on GBA still rocks.

6. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Doooood!

They get all the ladies, they like get 3 at a time.

I'm hoping this game is as good as Archer Macleans or Jimmy Whites Snooker.

EDIT:
    Its not too bad, controls take a bit to get use to, they've could've been a hell of a lot better. Stick to touchscreen controls. Graphically it needs to be smoother and the top down view should have been done better as there are some collision troubles but they are fine in 3D so it doesn't effect the game. AI the CPU seems good, the odd human error here and there which is nice as some snooker games the players just pot every ball possible.

Still I enjoyed it, its not as good as Jimmy White or Archer Macleans but the best we'll get on the DS for a bit. I know that the developers are doing another next year so I hope they improve on it.

7. Gestahl

Gestahl GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2006
    Yugoslavia
    Moscow
    Is there the WFC multiplayer support?

8. KarmaUK

KarmaUK GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Acquiring now, let's hope it's good, some of the PC titles are!

9. moggymatt

moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2007
    hadrian has got this game spot on the money. It is ok, but could of been smoother and better looking.

Not as good as the amiga classic that its jimmy whites, but then again not much is (but is that just fond childhood memories?)

i've played a few xbox pool/snooker games, including an old xbox version of this. I thought it would of been on par (or nearly) with teh xbox games (they're not too gfx intensive) shame i was wrong, still the best snooker sim on DS (oh wait its the only one)

10. DjFIL

DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2003
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    yeah i agree. the controls aren't terrible, but they could be smoother. the graphics are decent for a ds game. it'll stay on the flash cart for a little while, just nice to finally have a ds pool game (as the one in club house games is terrible).

11. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    And slightly enhanced port of Jimmy White would do the buisness on the DS. A friend of mine works in Gamestation, says this game is selling quite well. A JW one would do a lot better.

12. Chief_Second

Chief_Second GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    London
    are you kidding, they're our sporting heroes in the uk. Neil Robertson and John Higgins are like the uk version of Evander Holyfield and Hulk Hogan

13. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Great as they are that can't be true! Maybe more comparable to say US Tennis heroes perhaps.

Isn't Frank "Nutjob" Bruno our Holyfield and some random wacko full of steroids our Hulk Hogan?

Oh yes I insulted the Hulkster! Bring the hurt.

14. moggymatt

moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2007
    lol the Hulkster gonna elbow drop ur ass... [​IMG]