DS #1456: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great game, controls feel very natural! No excessive explaining/introducing etc. Making notes on the map is awesome! Going to be very handy!

Couldn't go online though, wouldn't connect to the Ninty server. Are they online yet?

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great game, controls feel very natural! No excessive explaining/introducing etc. Making notes on the map is awesome! Going to be very handy!

Couldn't go online though, wouldn't connect to the Ninty server. Are they online yet?

if the servers are decided by your ip, then i dont think the euro one wouldnt be online

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a fun fact. I left a note because some members (evil monkey points at loathsome) here seem to think that modifying a rom to play on a certain flash cart means that the flash cart plays the rom perfectly when in truth, it actually means that it does not. I love the fact that we can swap the arm7.bin but let's not suggest that the cart plays the rom perfectly just because WE made it work.

Just bugs me when I see the compat says "Works Perfectly" then the notes say "Replace ARM7.BIN". Contradictory, don't you think? Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that the members are flat out stupid, but let's not glorify a cart when we have to swap file(s) in the rom while all other carts out there haven't needed that for ages (hopefully). Something I felt like bringing up for debate.

when I said that it worked perfect on my R4, I was saying without any kind of changes. I just put it on and it worked... ^^;

FWIW, I grabbed the iNDEPENDENT release last night (it was the first one I found) and it runs without modification on my M3 Simply with the 1.07 loader (equivalent to the R4 DS 1.11 loader).

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
omg chibi-robo is out but anyway i can't get this to work on my supercard sd even with the arm7 fix anybody know whats wrong?

edited: scratch that it turns out it was just the dump

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
it's a shame hardly anyone is talking about the game itself.
running it on supercard cf without any problems.
so far i finished the first dungeon and i am enjoying it more and more.
obviously, the art style is very close to windwaker, which is a great thing for the ds.
it just works.
stylus control is very responsive and easy to get into, definitely a good thing here, too.
i can't really tell how long the game will be, but from the various pre-and re-views i guess we're talking about 12+ hours.
about people discussing the size of the rom: give it a break.
there are no fmvs, hardly any voice stuff, so why would it be that big?
years ago 50-60 hrs games like ultima 8 even had a smaller size than this game
wink.gif

just appreciate it goddamnit, 95% of you aren't purchasing it anyway, and downloading a rom like 100,000 others doesn't give you the right to bitch about ANYTHING.

back to gaming.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a shame hardly anyone is talking about the game itself.
running it on supercard cf without any problems.
so far i finished the first dungeon and i am enjoying it more and more.
obviously, the art style is very close to windwaker, which is a great thing for the ds.
it just works.
stylus control is very responsive and easy to get into, definitely a good thing here, too.
i can't really tell how long the game will be, but from the various pre-and re-views i guess we're talking about 12+ hours.
about people discussing the size of the rom: give it a break.
there are no fmvs, hardly any voice stuff, so why would it be that big?
years ago 50-60 hrs games like ultima 8 even had a smaller size than this game
wink.gif

just appreciate it goddamnit, 95% of you aren't purchasing it anyway, and downloading a rom like 100,000 others doesn't give you the right to bitch about ANYTHING.

back to gaming.
we're not bitching, besides, its still not here in europe, and i'n not going to import it from USA since the release is in 17 days in europe.
Then ill buy it, till then ill play the rom.
wtf.gif

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
dblaze: please dont generalize what i wrote.
of course not all are bitching, and of course some will be buying it.
but half of the posts are complaints and i am really sick of reading the same bs with every major release, it's like the same postings over and over and over again

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, I'm a little sad to say, I think I prefer tingle to this.
but then, I've never been a huge zelda fan, with minish cap being one of the few I've really appreciated.
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cool and all... and has some great innovations.
but I think tingle is a little more unique. and so very classy in it's campness

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eghads, I just spent literally half an hour in the room where you have to place you Sea Chart against the Sun Crest just tapping at various points on the map, Trying to Draw the symbol, doing pretty much everything I can think of that I failed to realise my DS light going red. Then poof, she turns off. Then I learn you have to "CLOSE THE MUTHER-FRACKIN'" DS... Stupid Obvious puzzle eluding me.. Now I don't really feel like re-doing that little bit.. son of a bitch...

Always tommorow.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this game is too easy due to the stylus control.

Either that or years of playing Zelda made me a pro at it, it was the same with Twilight Princess.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, I'm a little sad to say, I think I prefer tingle to this.
but then, I've never been a huge zelda fan, with minish cap being one of the few I've really appreciated.
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cool and all... and has some great innovations.
but I think tingle is a little more unique. and so very classy in it's campness

wow I couldn't stand that game, I tried to like it but I love phantom hourglass so much more. I hate the rupee thing with every conversation and the battles that don't have much gameplay and the story.
wacko.gif

The controls don't cause me any frustration and the puzzles are really good in zelda. It's like a zelda lite compared to the console titles but that's what I was expecting so no disappointments here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1