Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Edutainment
tongue.gif

I can't wait to learn about different animals! Yay, kids!

So much crap being released...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edutainment
tongue.gif

I don't think edutaiment is necceseraly crap and its nice to see things that are intended to make kids smarter

Same here. Not everything should be catered to the 16-year-old chump (or 30-something-year-old, in my case). Hadrian might be right...but he might also be wrong. We don't know the developers personally -- at least I don't -- and guessing their intentions aren't gonna bring us any closer to the actual truth of the matter. But I have a couple of friends who specialize in children's products because they were inspired early on in their careers to try to make something of quality for kids. Sure, they make money, but that doesn't make the product(s) any less valuable.

Trying to to judge this game from our older points of view is perhaps not the best meter for deciding whether or not the game is any good, with respect to the audience it's intended for.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Edutainment
tongue.gif

I don't think edutaiment is necceseraly crap and its nice to see things that are intended to make kids smarter

Same here. Not everything should be catered to the 16-year-old chump (or 30-something-year-old, in my case). Hadrian might be right...but he might also be wrong. We don't know the developers personally -- at least I don't -- and guessing their intentions aren't gonna bring us any closer to the actual truth of the matter. But I have a couple of friends who specialize in children's products because they were inspired early on in their careers to try to make something of quality for kids. Sure, they make money, but that doesn't make the product(s) any less valuable.

Trying to to judge this game from our older points of view is perhaps not the best meter for deciding whether or not the game is any good, with respect to the audience it's intended for.

Well, I didn't say edutainment was crap. LAst night (4 a.m. or so) there was a couple releases...and they were like all, IMO, crap.

I like edutainment: learning to drive, brain age(if that counts), learning different languages, etc.

More kids have DS than older folks - they'd be interested in this crap game (not dissin' the genre; I'm dissing the game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm