DS #1383: The Settlers (USA)

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
i just wanna say that i personally tire of hearing all the "cover art critique", so truly inane.Â
wtf.gif
I'm sorry to inform you that cover art critique is entirely relevant. The publishers obviously realize this since they radically change the cover to see if it will affect sales. And this is still shitty box art. I can't really tell who is attacking and who is parrying but in either case, how is the guy with the sword expecting to parry with the thinnest part of the sword, it's edge, or the guy with the axe expecting to attack with the top of the axe. Clearly, neither of the combatants has any clue how to fight. I wonder if those characters were even drawn together or whether they were drawn separately in "cool" poses and then just placed together in the hopes that it would produce a "cool" composite.

Deleted member 88653

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Caution: The european version is extremly buggy! Unplayable buggy. Game freezes, missions can't be completed, icons vanish and so on. I loved that game on my pc and was happy to find that game for my ds, but it really really sucks.
cry.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Well, I prefer the PAL cover. When you play the game and zoom on some of the citizens most of them look like that guy on the cover and not like those fierce warriors they try to depict on the US cover.
Still, solid game, nice DS conversion, sadly, the DS is not powerful enough for some settlement sizes (i.e: when your city gets too big).

Dagor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't say the DS isn't powerful enough. To me it seems more like a quick&dirty port, make some cash out of a, in Germany, quite succesful franchise.
Anno is so much better and doesn't slow down at all, even when you settle on the enitre card. Actually, Anno DS is one of the best 3rd party DS Games I've played so far.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They should customize the game to suit the DS strengths instead of a quick and dirty port. If Majesco could do that (Age of Empires - optimized for the DS), it's sad to see a game like The Settlers, which have so much potential, if handled by a good developer and time...

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha, the cover... so it's true, that u need some fighting and war on a boxart to sell a game in the usa?
blink.gif
rofl2.gif

The Settlers (aka Die Siedler) originaly was a game where u build a whole villiage with an infrastructure.
The "fighting" part was just a very little part of the game (until Settlers 4 came out), so the European Boxart
is way better imo.

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha, the cover... so it's true, that u need some fighting and war on a boxart to sell a game in the usa?Â
blink.gif
Â
rofl2.gif

The Settlers (aka Die Siedler) originaly was a game where u build a whole villiage with an infrastructure.
The "fighting" part was just a very little part of the game (until Settlers 4 came out), so the European Boxart
is way better imo.

So true! Battle is such a small part of the game, people will be even more disapointed if they buy it from the looks of the cover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs