DS #1375: One Piece: Gear Spirit (Japan)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this game is far better than I expected. I'm not a One Piece fan and the mechanics are pretty simple, but it has everything it needs to be a fun fighter. I like the way you can grab onto ledges like in JUS, and the moveset is fun. I hope we see a full menu translation for it fairly soon. I think I'm really gonna dig this game.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WARNING: This game may corrupt your micro SD.

I was playing this game on my R4 and soft reseted. My R4 menu suddenly became Japanese and everytime I click something it just freezes. I put the Micro SD in my reader and deleted the game and my micro SD became unformatted (RAW). Too bad I didn't back up my saves.

Any help on how to retrieve my lost data?!

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WARNING: This game may corrupt your micro SD.

I was playing this game on my R4 and soft reseted. My R4 menu suddenly became Japanese and everytime I click something it just freezes. I put the Micro SD in my reader and deleted the game and my micro SD became unformatted (RAW). Too bad I didn't back up my saves.

Any help on how to retrieve my lost data?!
Are you sure it's just not your MicroSD?

Well, just in case...*Backs up saves*
Also, I can confirm it works on No$GBA
noscreen.jpg
noscreen2.jpg
noscreen3.jpg

Oh my god, the bottom screen in the first pic is perfect for a skin...

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I unlocked Smoker with Luffy and then Ace with Zoro
So I think characters are unlocked not by character played but amount of time you've been "story mode"

Deck is pretty easy to figure out, Sword With an Up Arrow equals boosted attack. Your Character + Sword with Glowy thing around it is your special (Number in top left corner indicates level)
So far I have All 3 of Luffy's and Zoro's Specials.

Looks like !?! Makes some random Stage effect appear depending where you're battling (Giant Wave on the Dock stage)

DN_Kira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I downloaded that game, and I was waiting for it for a long time, but when I got to the 4th fight (golden bell I think) right after the vs. screen, I get a white screen. BTW Im using a R4DS. Pls help me! :'(

Thank You!!!

DN_Kira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I downloaded that game, and I was waiting for it for a long time, but when I got to the 4th fight (golden bell I think) right after the vs. screen, I get a white screen. BTW Im using a R4DS. Pls help me! :'(

Thank You!!!

Hmm, maybe it's just a small error. Did you try trying again?

Yes, I tried like 5x, then I downloaded the game from another site, trimmed it, tried again twice, then used the uncut game (64MB) and tried twice again, and nothing. Its frustrating man. :'( Any other ideas ???

Thank You!!!

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank You!!!

Yes, I tried like 5x, then I downloaded the game from another site, trimmed it, tried again twice, then used the uncut game (64MB) and tried twice again, and nothing. Its frustrating man. :'( Any other ideas ???

Thank You!!!
What's the brand of your Micro SD card? I've got a Taiwanese Kingston, and it works fine.

DN_Kira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank You!!!

Thank You!!!
What's the brand of your Micro SD card? I've got a Taiwanese Kingston, and it works fine.

Ive got a 1 GB Japanese Kingston.

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank You!!!

Thank You!!!

Ive got a 1 GB Japanese Kingston.
Hmm, I don't know, either your Micro SD or R4 is screwed up, or the game doesn't work fully on Japanese Kingstons...
Is your R4's firmware up-to-date?

DN_Kira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I just noticed that I was using an outdated NDS Rom Trimmer, and I just downloaded the new ver. from the R4DS official website. So Im gonna try it out and see what happens. If nothing happens, then Im gonna start the game from the beggining.

Thank You!!!

snakeslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is pretty bad ass. Hope Fully the creator of One Piece will sign this game for me at the Next Anime Expo. He signed my Badge!! lol

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
So...Unlockables...
Luffy unlocks Smoker
Zoro unlocks Ace
Franky unlocks Vivi
Nami unlocks Crocodile
Usopp unlocks Enel/Eneru/Ener or however the hell you want to spell it.

That's all I have so far.

They get unlocked in only a certain order. It doesnt matter who you beat it with, the guys unlocked will come with who ever as long as ur beating it. What i want to know is how your bounty effects stuff for the game, unlockables, etc. Because there has to be a reason to keeping that score per each character, or continuing fighting in story mode after youve beaten all the stages. Besides getting more cards.

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...Unlockables...
Luffy unlocks Smoker
Zoro unlocks Ace
Franky unlocks Vivi
Nami unlocks Crocodile
Usopp unlocks Enel/Eneru/Ener or however the hell you want to spell it.

That's all I have so far.

They get unlocked in only a certain order. It doesnt matter who you beat it with, the guys unlocked will come with who ever as long as ur beating it. What i want to know is how your bounty effects stuff for the game, unlockables, etc. Because there has to be a reason to keeping that score per each character, or continuing fighting in story mode after youve beaten all the stages. Besides getting more cards.
Oh, whoops, my bad.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, i was listing them at first thinking it went to character specific unlocks. But then others did and we figured it doesnt matter. We need to figure out what the rest of the stuff does now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too