MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Oh, and just two curious things I've noticed when comparing the fan translation of the first case with the official one -> some things to be different and most notably: the translator kept the nickname Dolly as a reference to the fan translation.
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, and just two curious things I've noticed when comparing the fan translation of the first case with the official one -> some things to be different and most notably: the translator kept the nickname Dolly as a reference to the fan translation.
smile.gif
Yeah, but they changed the name of the University.

I thought P.U in the fan translation was amusing.

That said, there does always seem to be a lot of people not knowing this game comes with an English option and the ones who do, don't want to play it because they are expecting babelfish quality translation.

Either way, these people are the ones who'll be getting the US release which in turn will boost the chances of PW4 being released.

fnh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am on the first case of the second one, didn't feel like playing it
tongue.gif
(downloaded the Japanese version when it came out )

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
man is this awesome! just when gbatemp comes back, bam! pheonix wright is dumped! im so stoked!!!

if only my ds wasnt being repaired

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
GS4 is almost certainly coming to the US and Europe, I believe they've already showcased a partial English version at some European event. And it's going to be called "Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney",

Naouak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
the 4th one will come out in europe, in Japan expo, a french convention of japan culture there were a onference about it as apollo justice explaining the game.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The first one was brilliant but the second one annoyed me a little. The cases were a little boring plus very confusing. You were very limited in what you could do and if you didn't do something in the obscure order that the game wanted you to do it in you couldn't advance. The first game wasn't like that so much.

I'm up to the final case in GS2, it's not too much fun playing this game with a walkthrough in your lap. Wonder if the third one will be a return to style.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I beat the first case a few hours ago... this game is great. Pretty good first case, even if it was predictable.

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one was brilliant but the second one annoyed me a little. The cases were a little boring plus very confusing. You were very limited in what you could do and if you didn't do something in the obscure order that the game wanted you to do it in you couldn't advance. The first game wasn't like that so much.

I'm up to the final case in GS2, it's not too much fun playing this game with a walkthrough in your lap. Wonder if the third one will be a return to style.

That is so true, friggin psych locks....
hate2.gif

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Quick summary for the casuals:

- This release includes a full English translation. This translation is probably the exact same that people will find in USA and UK releases, so there's no real reason to wait for USA/EUR versions. At least, this is not a valid reason!
smile.gif

- English translation, like in the past, is not really poor. I would say it's just poorly spell-checked. It's not made by Japanese people who learned some English in school, but by people knowing both countries' language and culture.

- This episode does _not_ contain a bonus mission and does not use DS-specific hardware features (apart from the usual yelling); the next (fourth) episode does, being the first natively designed for the DS. Speaking of which...

- ...It may be puzzling to see that episode 4 was released in Japan four months before this one. It makes some sense if you consider that 1, 2 and 3 are a "Phoenix Trilogy", while 4 is a whole new story, probably developed while 1, 2 and 3 were quickly released in their DS reincarnation.

Bottom line: assuming you played and liked episodes 1 and 2, there's no reason not to play this release. It's in English, and it's meant to be played third, even if it was released after 4.

Oh, and nothing is known as of now about a Western release of Gyakuten Saiban 4, which unfortunately does _not_ include an English translation.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I just started this one. I LOVE these games.

I would personally rather read through a chapter in the Phoenix Wright story than any dumb ol Harry Potter book any day (=P to you all)

And hm, you made our defendant cry...that P on his shirt doesnt stand for "Phoenix"...thats really a strange line and yes, I do understand what Marvin implied >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended