1. pkprostudio

United States
    That's what I'm trying to say. He just won't listen. [​IMG]

2. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Maybe now whathisname will stop creating a thread or posting every 3 seconds about this being not being dumped.

3. plasmatron

plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The

Too much action ??? 3d ??? kids. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Sir VG

Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    For once, I actually agree with plasmatron's statement. (Mark this on the calendar kiddies. This probably won't happen too often.)

Why, back in my day, we had two colors, a joystick, and 1 button. AND WE LIKED IT.

5. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    This one wouldn't be very good in 3D. The whole linear concept of advancing and getting pushed back is a perfect fit for a 2D game, but not nearly so much for a 3D game.

6. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    [​IMG]

Hey, I remember you! We grew up together! [​IMG]

7. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Not really, it's nothing like unbeatable Megaman - and I don't mean the modern one.

8. Gilrad

Gilrad Newbie

So far I'm loving this game.

Don't know what you guys' problems are with the touchscreen control; I like it. Gives me lot more accuracy. Sure, tapping the screen to switch weapons is kind of lame, but it's not that big of a deal for me.

I'd have to say the one bit that really ticks me off is mission 8 or 9. The first desert mission. They have this wall of tanks moving forward that can take out five of yours before they go down, jeeps that can knock your chopper down in two hits, and each unit takes half your bomb payload to destroy. Oh, and there's no automatic unit production, so you're basically spamming troops and tanks on top of keeping their line from destroying you.

9. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Guys, this ain't Choplifter (although it does borrow the lifting element from it). It's Rescue Raiders!

And the concept seems almost unchanged since 1984 - now that's longevity!

10. cheapassdave

cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im going to have to agree with you. level 7, the first desert mission, is hard as hell compared to the other levels. I always like a good challenge to a good game [​IMG]

11. Sweater Fish Del

Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree that the in game instructions are totally unclear, but I don't think that's really anything we have a right to complain about since people who actually pay for the game get a printed instruction manual (remember those?).

I agree that the touchscreen controls don't work very well, though. Especially for right handers. I don't understand why they would map the same things to down and left and to up and right instead of just making the dpad work exactly like the BAYX buttons. Oh well, once I figured out that you don't have to use the touchscreen, it all came together fine.

No download play and no WFC are big bummers, though.

...word is bondage...

12. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Anybody Knows What 3D glasses where with the game ?

Chromadepth 3D ?
    Anaglyphic ?
    Colorcode 3D ?

13. tipsy

tipsy GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    I don't understand this, "Sorry but I'm more grateful for homebrew software since that actually takes work to make."
    Most homebrew is not that great, but some DS games on the market out there have awesome graphics, sound, and make for a great gameplay. Some people obviously spent months if not many days working to make a good game.

It's not that rare.
    It's only been out for a week and there are already 21 used and new on Amazon and you can probably buy like a million from a seller http://www.amazon.com/Eidos-40046-Glory-Da...86860826&sr=8-2

I say, you can buy anything online. [​IMG]

14. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium

Found it

The game uses "Pulfrich 3D"

So you need "Pulfrich 3D" Glasses

http://www.3dglassesonline.com/3d-pulfrich-glasses/

15. rest0re

rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    are you talking about your when you was inside your mother tummy 6 years ago and joystick was your "willy" and 1 button was bellybutton?

16. Sweater Fish Del

Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Or just a pair of sunglasses with one lens popped out. The game doesn't actually ship with 3D glasses like it was supposed to, so I wonder if maybe the whole feature was taken out? I don't have a pair of sunglasses to try it with unfortunately. If anyone tries it, let us know if it works.

...word is bondage...

17. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Except most people don't read the instruction booklet. Many people don't want to read through the entire thing, which is why so many games have either a tutorial mode or instructions given throughout the game as they're needed. If they'd expected everybody to read through the instruction booklet for this game, it wouldn't have in-game instructions, but it does. The problem is simply that they're totally vague and poorly written, something that could have (and should have) been solved with a bit more development time and product testing.

18. Lok

Lok Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    It kinda works. If you hold it back far enough you can see a slight difference. Not real sure it adds much to the game though.

Oh and level 14 is really bloody hard. Anyone have any luck with it?

19. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, I saw those, but before I played it I wanted it from a store. That way if it sucks, it's a simple drive back to return it and maybe purchase something else instead of mailing back and forth. Thanks anyway. Now that I've played it I know what I'll be getting. [​IMG]

Also I wasn't referring to the official game developers when comparing homebrew. I was saying that people have to take take as much time making homebrew as developers take making official software. Dumpers don't do anything that contributes to the actual game. It's like me trying to tell someone to be grateful for me posting an MP3. If they said screw me for not doing it fast enough, what else would I expect since I'd only be "feeding the bears" anyway? [​IMG]

20. pkprostudio

United States
    That kind of attitude is the reason release groups work slower.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Brotherhood, #1308, Glory