DS #1236: B-17 Fortress in the Sky (USA)

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Please mention three good DSI titles for me, then.

DSI sucks, and they always will.

Snood 2: On vacation (DS)
Snood 2: On vacation (GBA)
Snood 2: On vacation (Wii) (To be released soon)

The DS version is specially good cause it makes the best use of the second screen so far.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gosh waht a terrible game .
hate2.gif

Klaus2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha i laughed so hard on the list of DSI Games some Homebrewers should of send their stuff to Nintendo, Big Mutha Truckers DS got a terrible framerate so its a terrible game like all the others.

Greets
Klaus

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Even tho the games might suck.. it is still good to see something else then sudokogames and shit
smile.gif

and i am sure these games will sell some copies and DSI makes some money and maybe then can release only games that has super gfx and the best gamingexperience known to mankind and that keeps everyone busy for days and weeks..

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Even tho the games might suck.. it is still good to see something else then sudokogames and shit
smile.gif

and i am sure these games will sell some copies and DSI makes some money and maybe then can release only games that has super gfx and the best gamingexperience known to mankind and that keeps everyone busy for days and weeks..

Soduku >>>>>> this piece of crap.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god...http://ds.ign.com/articles/767/767550p1.html
I did a search on IGN for all their games and the results weren't encouraging. I hadn't heard anything about this game at all so it doesn't even warrant a download from me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well back on gba:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Payback
wing commander: prophecy
Monopoly
risk/battleship/clue
roadrash jailbreak
smashing drive

and I liked the gba big mutha truckers...
Apart from Baldur's Gate and Roadrash, thats quite a poor selection of games, in my opinion anyway. Its nice that people can enjoy these at least the developers "efforts" aren't wasted.

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
Apart from Baldur's Gate and Roadrash, thats quite a poor selection of games, in my opinion anyway. Its nice that people can enjoy these at least the developers "efforts" aren't wasted.

Don't get me wrong, I think each of them could have been done better. But those are the DSI games that I walk around with every day and play enough to remember where they came from.

Big Mutha Truckers, especially, was a bit of a disappointment to me, as with a bit of tweaking with the trading engine, I think it could have been the best economic/trading game on GBA. And why DSI/Raylight didn't combine the economic part of their own 'big mutha truckers' with their wing commander title to give us what might have been a decent privateer remake instead of a standard old linear wing commander puzzles me.

again, dsi had the potential to sell one of the best games on the system with just a little tweaking around the edges. Instead I get to play homebrew elite clones. Which are nice, but wing commander: privateer was better than elite.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well back on gba:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Payback
wing commander: prophecy
Monopoly
risk/battleship/clue
roadrash jailbreak
smashing drive

and I liked the gba big mutha truckers...

Hey now....I thought Wing Commander was pretty nice too. But maybe that's just a bias on my part since I loved WC games.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, DSI has been involved in all of the following games:

SimCity 2000 - One of the worst GBA ports I've ever seen, with poor framerate, missing features, and sloppy controls
ATV: Thunder Ridge Riders - A mediocre GBA racing game, not worth the time.
A bunch of board game collections - They usually get the rules right, but make it un-fun with poor interfaces and bad controls.
A bunch of ports of Atari/Arcade games - Each time, they get it accurate, but manage to screw it up in some way or another, usually by not saving high scores.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - Surprisingly fun. Pretty much the only good DSI game.
Big Mutha Truckers - Features what appears to be the lowest framerate of any racing game ever made. The DS version is slightly less bad than the GBA version.
Deal or No Deal - How did they manage to ruin this? Because of its inherently empty concept, the game should have been all presentation. The only problem is, the presentation was annoying and ugly.
Medal of Honor Underground - It's like the original Doom, except blander.
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed - Another mediocre racing game. Not like they had a whole lot to work with, considering the console version was mediocre also.
R-Type III: The Third Lightning - It only looks looks like the SNES classic; the original didn't have poor collision detection, and the original was much faster, and the original didn't suck.
Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots - The worst excuse for a fighting game I've ever seen. Also, the biggest waste of a license I've ever seen. Imagine a simple button masher, but easier.
Harlem Globetrotters World Tour - The second biggest waste of a license I've ever seen. Its hideous graphics aren't recognizable as actual Globetrotters, even.
Snood - Stick with the classic Mac/PC shareware game, or just get Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble. This piece of crap has vomit-inducing new sprites, annoying animations that waste your time, and broken aiming.
Snood 2: On Vacation - More of the same, but in addition to the GBA crap, now there's a DS version with a big pause button on the touch screen. This game could've made really good use of the touch screen, and that may have been enough to redeem it. What a pity.
Dr Seuss: How the Grinch Stole Christmas - It's not even out yet, but there's not really any way that this story could make a good game, whether they use the original book, the classic cartoon based on the original book, or the Jim Carrey movie barely inspired by the original book.

I haven't played B-17 Fortress in the Sky, but I'm assuming that it's just as bad.

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the worst port of Simcity 2000 is probably the Amiga (AGA) version. It's extremely slow even on 040 and 060. (Actually the macversion emulated on Amiga is a lot faster).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...