DS #1234: Treasure Gaust: Gaust Diver (Deep Purple) (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 23, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    ^^ndsrelease-1909^^

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Took a while to be dumped! Seems to be the way with Japanese titles nowadays. Is there a shortage in Japanese dumpers at all right now?

3. DeepFriedAsian

DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    Aw damn, at first glance I thought it was "It's a Wonderful World".

*crawls back in hole*

4. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    Since WRG quit Japanese dumps are slow.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well at least we get them eventually. Can't complain really.

6. Retal

Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2007
    England              Sex: Daily
    Sure you can. You're on the Internet now.

7. Hadrian

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Ah I see! GOD DAMMIT I WANT EVERY GAME EVER DUMPED, EVEN THOSE NOT OUT YET, CAN'T YOU DAMN PEOPLE DUMP THEM????

8. Adder74

Adder74 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2007
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    DS 1234 get, lol.
    I'm going to try that.

9. Houou

Houou GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    Woah-oh, you're in the army now.

10. bhamophet

bhamophet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    first thought. digimon!!!

11. myclock

myclock GBAtemp Fan

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia
    no way SSB FTW!!!!!!

12. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    I actually thought that it looked like Super Mario Strikers [​IMG]

13. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
  14. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Speaking of "It's a Wonderful World" isn't it due out in Japan by Xmas this year? Hopefully the US will have it by next spring?

15. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    You're so right handsome!
    Also, the icon screams "Halo".

16. gigermunit

gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
    Does anyone know what this game is about?

EDIT:

Description
    Update: July 6, 2007
    «©NCSX» Originally released as a dedicated handheld game in October 2005, Treasure Gaust makes its way onto the more capable confines of the Nintendo DS. In the game, players search a town for monsters known as "Gaust" which look similar to Pokemon or Digimon. The Gaust can be found in apartment buildings, shopping districts, and other places that one wouldn't expect a monster to be lurking.

The search mechanism is a sonar with a counterclockwise sweeping arm which scans the local area and alerts the player when a monster is near. Like other monster collecting games, the Gaust may be leveled up into new and stronger forms. Unlike Pokemon or Digimon however, the battles are full-fledged action games where movement and projectile attacks are fired off in realtime. The control of the monster is completely under the player's guidance which makes for battles where the outcome is entirely dependant on your actions.

» Upon starting the game, the player receives an live email which is opened by pressing the A button. An orange-haired gal with rectangular shaped glasses appears and delivers a message. You're prompted to enter your name and then set the date. The hostess then leads you through the basics of Treasure Gaust and a few tutorials are presented.

» At the outset of the game, you're presented with a Crimson Red creature that serves as your weapon of choice. We named it "Cally" because it looked like a Cally.

» When you're deposited into the Gaust Diver Operating System screen, you can select "Diver Mode" where you search for Gaust or "Camp Mode" where you can check e-mail and adjust settings.

» In Diver Mode, the first screen shows a sonar which sweeps the local area but to actually SCAN for monsters, tap on any point of the touch screen and a "Scanner" function pops up with the word "SCAN" which slowly pulsates in the center of the screen. You'll have to be patient and wait until there's a hit as indicated by a dull ping noise before switching back to the sonar screen to snap a photo and thus capture of the scampering monster. When the targeting reticule on the touch screen blinks red, press the "A" button to catch the creature and you're hear a woman's voice utter, "Capture," In our travels this morning, we collected a bunch of fish-monsters that looked like something from Taito's Darius and a porcine cat creature that made meowing noises.

» Once Gaust creatures have been captured, you can pit your primary Gaust against them. The "A" button shoots and the "Y" button throws up a shield to block incoming blasts. If you're able to defeat the beasts, your Gaust will gain experience and eventually level up.

» A quiz game pops up after your Gaust levels up. If you don't read Japanese, choose the last multiple choice selection for all of the questions until you reach question #9 where you choose the first choice. For question #10 choose the second choice and question #11 is the first choice.

» Treasure Gausts boasts more than 120 creatures that may be encountered, battled, and captured.

17. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    im playing the other version from it's release , it's a very good game , an original game system , and the battles are all good , fairly difficult always. I have the starter on the other game at his last evolution ( the one that appear on the box art) and some more strong gaust.

18. GirAiD

GirAiD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    LA, CA
  19. gigermunit

gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
    Anyone got this game working on a EZV?

20. astromantic

astromantic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2006
    Canada
    Thornhill, Ontario
    Doesn't this game have a magnetic field detection chip in the cart?
    It works without it?