DS #1220: SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS v1.1 (USA)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.1 already? What the crap did they screw up the first time?
rofl2.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.....the FIRST screw-up was making it a crappy card game as opposed to an actual fighting game. Too bad they didn't fix that. LOL.

Was this the game that had a show-stopping error towards the end that made it unable to be finished? I don't remember....I don't play these crappy card games anyway....but maybe that was it?

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is this game as crappy as the popular reviewers say?
sadly yes.
the graphics aren't bad, they are plain ugly. cards are too small, and such things. the translation is in the worst engrish i've ever seen. you have to guess what most cards do...
i tried the 1.0 and played for like 5 hours until i really couldn't bare it anymore.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You couldn't get past this character when you repeat the game from the beginning, as in, when you beat the game once and willingly choose to repeat the torture for Part 2.

How do I know this? Because I'm a masochist and actually went up to that part (something like Floor 14ish out of 25??).

Ergh.

D

Deleted User

You couldn't get past this character when you repeat the game from the beginning, as in, when you beat the game once and willingly choose to repeat the torture for Part 2.

How do I know this? Because I'm a masochist and actually went up to that part (something like Floor 14ish out of 25??).

Ergh.

My condolences.

Jace100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
 Too bad they didn't fix the fact that it sucks!

It's really very sad, the original for Neo-Geo Pocket color was a great game, I played through the Capcom and SNK versions of the game and loved them.

I had such high hopes for this game.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS v. 1.1 now with 25% less suck!

I remember trying the first version and barely got past the tutorial. Would it kill them to make SNK vs. Capcom or (even better) Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for DS? I mean the 2d fighter, not some lame card game. I mean maybe they are super roxx0r popular in Japan, but if I wanted to play a card game (and I was heavy into Magic back in the 90's...) I'd play with the physical cards.

So release some more 2d fighters plz. (::crosses fingers that Jump Ultimate Stars translation gets done tomorrow:
smile.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS v. 1.1 now with 25% less suck!

I remember trying the first version and barely got past the tutorial. Would it kill them to make SNK vs. Capcom or (even better) Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for DS? I mean the 2d fighter, not some lame card game. I mean maybe they are super roxx0r popular in Japan, but if I wanted to play a card game (and I was heavy into Magic back in the 90's...) I'd play with the physical cards.Â

So release some more 2d fighters plz. (::crosses fingers that Jump Ultimate Stars translation gets done tomorrow:
smile.gif
As much as I'd love another Marvel vs Capcom game, Capcom doesn't have the Marvel license anymore so they couldn't.
frown.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but Card fighters
rofl2.gif

Developers just don't get the messege that we don't want these crappy games >_> T_T

mintsauce82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but Card fighters
rofl2.gif

Developers just don't get the messege that we don't want these crappy games >_> T_T

Rayder and Thax, you guys obviously didn't play the original on Neo-Geo Pocket, which was one of the greatest games of all time - of any genre, on any platform. Although a collectable card game sounds dull, it was utterly enthralling. My friends and I still get it out for a link-up battle from time to time.

For everyone else wondering about this game, the reviews are accurate. Card Fighters DS is terrible, and a massive disappointment after the first game. Eurogamer's review summed it up the best:

"Devastatingly, from the first match it's abundantly clear that Playmore has tried to reinvent WHAT WAS UNQUESTIONABLY A PERFECTLY FUNCTIONING wheel. It's like Tolkein died and his illiterate son tried to rewrite Lord of the Rings for him. This kind of thing literally never happens."

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76006

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.