DS #1207: Anata mo DS de Classic Kiite Mimasenka (Japan)

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wasn't this the SquareEnix music game?

Edit: Ah I see it on the box now. From what I heard, the game just let's you listen to classical music and if you feel inspired to get to know more about the origins or background information on what you are listening to, you can look it up. Square going casual
tongue.gif
no more RPG's, just music games from now on
wink.gif

Edit2: Title translation is approximately this: "Wouldn't you try and listen to classical music as well?"

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE( From IGN:) said:
Won't You Also Listen to Classical Music on Your DS
Also known as: Anatamo DS de Classic Kitemimasenka? (JPN)

DS de Classic Kiitemimasenka includes songs from Toshiba EMI's Best Classic 100 series. As the music plays, you can tap the bottom screen to learn more about the songs and the CDs that contain them.

It's part of Square Enix "not games" serie: DS Style (TBR: a travel guide, a gardening reference....)
Really wierd to see SE releasing that kind of stuff which usually comes from homebrew developpement more than big companies...
But why not!! Turning the DS in a PDA isn't a bad idea... depending on the price
wink2.gif

cobright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit2: Title translation is approximately this: "Wouldn't you try and listen to classical music as well?"

First to admit my translation may not be perfect ... But I would read this as "Wouldn't you also like to try classical music?"

The difference is subtle, but the mo (usually read as also) is attached to "you". Sort of like "even a half educated clod like you can learn to appreciate fine culture if you buy this title"

Sorry to nitpick

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link to my previous post

The main character is a dog... called Rice... (He's supposedly John -pronounced Yohan- and became Gohan, which sound the same as rice... =P That's what I interpreted as when I was insanely tapping "next" to skip his dialogues so I may be worng.)
Doesn't this dog remind you greatly of the dog from comics Bow Wow? (Or similar if my memory is wrong)

This isn't so much of a game, as the title suggests, "Won't you listen to Classic with (your) DS as well?" The whole soft is based on "Best Classic 100" album, a 5 CD set (That are sold separately I believe?) This soft doesn't contain full length pieces (100 songs in 128MB, so expect about 1.5 minutes a piece) kind of a sampler to get make you buy the album.

You have three choices
1) Main screen where dog rolls over and does various things - short random shuffle play
2) Song list screen - will play one song and move onto the next on list
3) Description screen - one song is on infinite loop
Changing from one mode to another will result in playing the song from its beginning.

In the main screen a randomly selected song is played for a short while. This dog sometimes gives some information for example "This is Mozart's most popular song" or some silly lines (quite funny). You can touch "I'm interested in this song" on the touch screen and get to description screen. Or you can touch menu on the lower left, which pops 3 options, left is to get into song list screen, right is quiz, bottom right is staff roll.

In the song list screen you can manually browse through, alphabetically (well in Japanese, which goes a i u e o ka ki ku ke ko and so on) by composer, or random
You can organize songs into 3 colors of check marks by choosing a song and tapping the marking icon on lower right, choose color and click the left one to mark, right one to cancel. And in the song list part you can choose to play only specific color of check marked songs by choosing the color on one of four icons on the left. The top on is "ALL".
Also tapping the dog faced icon (unchiku -deep knowledge-) to move onto description screen.
There is also a search menu in between "

emisan

Trophies
XP
Country
Link to my previous post
This isn't so much of a game, as the title suggests, "Won't you listen to Classic with (your) DS as well?" The whole soft is based on "Best Classic 100" album, a 5 CD set (That are sold separately I believe?) This soft doesn't contain full length pieces (100 songs in 128MB, so expect about 1.5 minutes a piece) kind of a sampler to get make you buy the album.
Haven't tried the game yet (though I can't wait to do so), but I'm familiar with the "Best Classics 100" series. The first release was a 6 CD set for 3000 yen, which was an unbelievable bargain in Japan. Because of the price and content, it ended up selling a ton of copies -- over 300,000 at last count -- and spawning a slew of other "Best 100" releases. The first set is actually available in the US, too; I remember seeing a commercial for it on cable a few months ago.

Interestingly, there are 3 "soundtrack" CDs that will be released soon: http://www.emimusic.jp/st/best100/special/classic_ds.htm
Not sure what the point is, since for the price of all 3 (each 1000 yen), you could just buy the actual "Best Classics 100" release.

Anyway, thanks for the game info. I'll keep it in mind when I play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1