DS #1154: Mizuiro Blood (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TPi, Jun 16, 2007.

1. TPi
    OP

TPi One Tired Raccoon

Former Staff
    Aug 22, 2004
    Canada
    ^^ndsrelease-1827^^

2. Hellfenix

Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2005
    Canada
    Canada
    WOOOOT! First reply, this game looks amazing, too bad you need japanese knowledge!

3. spokenrope

spokenrope c7

May 26, 2006
    United States
    1 - Making "first" posts makes you look like a moron.

2 - Judging from the box, this game is nothing more than a seizure wrapped in cotton candy.

4. SomeGuyGG

SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2004
    Canada
    canada
    Judging from the title, it will be a very gory and bloody seizure to boot. Those cute cudly animals are the ones to look out for.

EDIT: Check out the trailer, I still can't figure out what this game is. But the tagline line is "Join us or DIE!". [​IMG]

TRAILER: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?r=1&id=20485&type=wmv

5. Skyhunterjim

Skyhunterjim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2006
    Greece
    Next thing you know is a trailer for the House of the Dead 5 with a tagline of "non stop minigame japanese sweetness..."

6. ryuujin2788

ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2007
    United States
    The title is weird, I must say. Mizuiro (literally water-color) is how you say light blue in Japanese. Light Blue Blood? Huh. I'll have to check this out. It's peaked my interest. Once I do, I'll tell you what it's about.

Well, from watching the trailer, there certainly is some light blue blood. Extremely weird. I'll be playing this in about 10 minutes.

7. ugly_rose

ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2006
    This game seems to have a serious teenage, self-identity problem... lol

And man, that trailer makes me wanna have it. [​IMG]

Edit:
    I think the title should be interpreted as something like "animated blood" or "water-colour blood".

I want (water-colour) blood!!!! [​IMG] (Especially from little anime characters looking like japanese food.)

8. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    It's basically a minigame collection where the cute characters (which are designed by Yokoo Yukiko, the genius that designed the characters for Taiko no Tatsujin) die a swift, violent death. Yes, sprays of light blue blood aplenty. [​IMG]

EDIT: btw, I think Mizuiro is a robot so that really isn't blood but more of oil... uh... yeah...
    EDIT 2nd: Official Site ... oh shi, Mizuiro has a blog... [​IMG]

9. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    it looks random to say the least i like it do you need a knowledge of Japaneses to play it?

10. zoharmodifier

zoharmodifier GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2006
    United States
    I played for about 10 minutes. I played a tutorial where it shows you how to write kana into boxes, and then the minigame I encountered seemed to be kanji training. This game definitely requires knowledge of Japanese :\

11. Hellfenix

Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2005
    Canada
    Canada
    Sorry about that first post reply to whomever I have offended.

This game got a really good score from Famitsu and it got me excited. Too bad I don`t know kanji :[

12. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    This is so pretty...I need to learn Japanese [​IMG]

13. Masked

Masked GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    It's a pretty good game, only one level requires kanji knowledge that I've seen. Then there's a level where you have to fill in the blank in the names of foods... that one was a pain. I got up to level 8, then when I was navigating through the menu I accidently deleted my save. :/

14. gaboumafou

gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2006
    Canada
    *Look at the trailer*

Woah, this look so weird... and cool! Too bad it need japanese knowledge. :S

15. moshii

moshii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2006
    函館
    Dunno if you need Japanese knowledge.. the whole point of the game is that the main character ???? or whatever can't write, and that ?? thing sets out to help with some writing lessons. At least to start with.. I played it for like 5 minutes.

Nice hiragana recognition.. Doesn't seem to be based on lame stroke count/order/direction odds like most do.

16. Julee

Julee GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2005
    Canada
    I made the mistake of doing a wikipedia search for Mizuiro Blood, all it came up with was Mizuiro which turns out is hentai....so my first impression of the game was bloody gory hentai game for ds, obviously i was like O__O DO NOT WANT....then i looked on gametrailers and was like....*phew* its only happy tree friends from japan.

17. bluebright

bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    trailer for this is...interesting...

18. beethy

beethy GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2007

fixed

19. xenon

xenon GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Italy
    Yay, what's wrong with hentai? [​IMG]

20. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    DID SOMEONE SAY HENTAI??!1
    Damn tho, I wish I could understand enough to play this, I really wanna watch teh deathyness.