DS #1108: The New York Times Crosswords (USA)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
My grandma got a DS and a Flashcart largely thanks to this game (and some card ones.) 80 year old pirates! ARRRR!

There you go
nyanya.gif

Finally a crossword game
wub.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
really nice job they've done. i doubt there will be international releases, unless Majesco finds other crossword publishers from other countries... cause the New York Times crosswords are syndicated across major North American newspapers.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really need a localised version, being from the UK makes it hard to get some of the US related questions, and the slight difference in meanings and spelling of words does not help. Nicely done game though.

amiantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I was SO EXCITED to have a crossword game on my DS, just to go along with Picross and Sudoku but... Man, I am TERRIBLE at NYT Crosswords. Even on Mondays I am absolutely terrible. These are just amazingly difficult. Sigh. I wish it had a "I'm a big fat moron" game mode so I would be able to beat a couple puzzles without using eighteen thousand hints.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Tuesday March 2, 2004
35 Across (4 Letters)

"____ does what Nintendon't" (old slogan)

This game is really good.
Writing one letter at a time is slow but the text recognition is great.
If you are into crosswords this will not disappoint.

yong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great design & interface!very good hand writing recognition (but i can't seem to make "H" work)!hard puzzles though,got an "F" grade during my first try.works perfectly on DS-Link!

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not bad. For me the recognition won't see the letter "K", that's all.

Some of the clues are dumb as bricks though. Got D+ on the first crossword. (And only got that low due to hitting the wrong button and getting a hint.) I tried the next one, got tired of the dumbass clues, chose hint for everything, and got D-.

Curious to know how it does it's scoring. Fun game though.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not bad but can you see anyone actually paying more than £10 for this? Cos you can just buy a book with more crosswords for £3.99 but hey I can steal it so it won't cost me a thingÂ
yaynds.gif
Yeah, that's a really good point. They should have included a feature where you can connect to the Internet and download a new Sunday puzzle every week or something like that.

...word is bondage...

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried it. i don't like it. don't like how some answers are a whole sentences with words that have apostrophes and stuff in them. There are also some pretty american specific stuff which i don't get because i am not american... but thats an american corssword game after all.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome game!

I found alot of the questions really hard though, particularly relating to america or movie stars.

Also some of the clues are reaaaaallly dodgy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte