DS #1084: Etrian Odyssey (USA)

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be getting this as soon as I can find it!
smile.gif

Edit: Got it!! Between this and Ouendan I'm a happy man.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What exactly do you not like? Is it the Lost in Blue problem? Weak fighting system? Something else?
I guess I'll have to go check it out myself...
By the way, good choice of Virtual Console games! Bonk, Ristar, Comix Zone...
wub.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well fighting is the standard turn base battle that you see in nearly all RPG's, all I seem to do is walk around in a restrictive way drawing walls and battling, theres no variety. The text and story in these games usually give you incentive to carry on but its just boring and "heard it all before". Also the font of the text is fairly dreadful. Its just nothing new at all for me or anyone else who played these sort of games on the PC during the DOS games, apart from you don't do your map on paper but in the game itself.

Theres something about it that makes me want to carry on until I love it but after an hour or so I just don't, just kinda repetitive. I do get a feeling its one of those games you'll either love or don't (like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) so I guess some will call me a twat for not liking this.

Just my opinion thats all folks, and it ain't gonna make much difference to what you think of the game.

And thank you OrR, I chose what I pay for very wisely. The only reason I got Ristar and Comix Zone though is a vein hope that Sega may do sequels for them one day if the VC ones sell well, already got them on that excellent compilation they did last year.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess its better to start to give warnings to people.

attention!! this game is an "old school dungeon crawler rpg", it was 1st meant to be played in a sheet of
paper and a pencil (or something like that in a way) just like "dungeons and dragons".

there we go, i think that would be suffice.

1 down 2 more to go (luminous arc,persona 3).

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying it for a while and I actually like it. It's a mixture of Ragnarok online (aesthetics, theme, norse background), diablo (cave stuff) and Miracle Warriors for sega master system (the mechanics).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: