DS #1050: Spider-Man 3 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Dirtie, May 5, 2007.

May 5, 2007

DS #1050: Spider-Man 3 (USA) by Dirtie at 9:09 AM (5,832 Views / 0 Likes) 44 replies

1. Dirtie
    OP

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    ^^ndsrelease-1713^^

2. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    The others werent too bad, I just hope this runs on current flashcarts >_>

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Working on R4 [​IMG]

4. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    FINALLY!!! Wow!! LOVING LOVING LOVING!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ok I played the first 2 levels of this on the other version last week and I thought it was a bad game but its gettin some good reviews, even IGN who underrates most stuff gave it 8.1 so I might have to give this a go to see if those reviewers are being paid.

6. Nero_

Newcomer Nero_ Advanced Member

Sweden
    I gotta say that this is a pretty good game. Gotta say that right now it's more fun than the PS2 version, which is bad. Stylus fighting and webshooting works pretty well.

7. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Is there some free dope going around that I'm not aware of?

This game is shite. It's the worst DS Spidey out of the lot. How the heck can it be better than the PS2 version... oh well that must REALLY suck then. Too bad, I quite liked Spidey 2.

If Gamespot gives this higher than 6 I'm gonna have to kick someone.

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Using the touchscreen to do moves that could have just as easily been done on the buttons just plain sucks. When are these companies going to realise that using the touchscreen just for the sake of using the touchscreen is NOT what people want?

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I thought it was pretty bad but once you get the hang of the controsl and play a few levels it does get better (first 2 levels are terrible), best Spider-man game on DS to me. The touch controls become second nature and I had a bit of fun flinging the enemies about and then twatting them mid air.

10. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Did you just use "twat" as a verb?

11. furyoo

Newcomer furyoo Advanced Member

He's British, la.

12. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    Well, sony did make the film, so it is always possible that they bribed reviewers of the game

13. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Hope it's nice, still regret buying the PS3 version. [​IMG]

14. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Hey Furyoo, where are you from mate?

15. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    just getting it now, i hope it's good. it's getting better average reviews when compared to it's console counter parts, which is a surprising first.

EDIT: so now i've played the first level. the touch screen controls are not too bad... but there's one thing that makes me wonder. why did they map the web sling/swing to the Y button... why not the L button? then you could keep your stylus in your right hand, and use the dpad and left trigger for the rest. cause as i've seen so far there is no use for any buttons but the D pad and the Y button. silly planning. but otherwise should be a fun little game to play.

16. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    This is a really good game, when compared to the last 3(?) I saw the movie the other day, and I thought it was horrible, but back to the game. I think that the touch screen controls add a lot to the sheer amount of moves you can perform, and even though it would've been better if they made the buttons do some of the moves, this way is a lot better. The graphics are also and improvement over the last two games, and are good in general.

I give this game an 8/10.

17. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    I kinda agree with you on all those things. Also, the sounds are nice (reminds me to DC games of spiderman) and the 3D they used is good (depending on the height you're on, you can take one or another route). Controls are good (not incredibly good because it takes a few levels to get used to, but they ARE good). Story, well, I guess any of us knows it and I guess this is a game you play if you like the film so it seems like they're not very much into explaining anything really... I haven't go very far though. My first impression is:
    a not bad game which probably surprised me because of the negative hype it had (simply because it's a movie game), with nice fresh controls, good speed, good graphics (hay guise, bettah tahn psx I think)... and let's see if it lasts for very long, these merchandise games are usually short when they're any good at all. 7/10.

18. Resident0

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Playing it now, so far i think its really good, shame theres no way of keeping track of anything you've done, unlike the PS3 where u get a percent rating of all the stuff u have done.

19. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Yeah there is! When you load the game again, you'll see the percentage [​IMG]
    However it's some confusing... I don't know how to get to the new missions or how to unlock new ones or anything... I think they got it a little wrong on the "free roaming" concept [​IMG]

20. squirt1000

Banned squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

United Kingdom
    Not impressed, Hate the control scheme! When will they leave all the touch screen crap alone when its really not needed. Getting cheesed off with it being used for the sake of it! [​IMG]