DS #1044: Final Fantasy III (Europe)

Daemos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game is boring. Go play FFXII on PS2 if you want the real deal.

Worst Final Fantasy Ever. It disappointed me very greatly, the story was bland, the characters were boring, the gambit system felt ripped off from a tales game.

After playing Tales of the Abyss, Final Fantasy XII was a disappointment from start to finish. That might have something to do with the Final Fantasy team not working on it, but still...

It's too bad we don't get all the Tales games in North America, Tales > Final Fantasy IMO. Much more fun battles, and much better story and characters.

That being said I just recently lent Tales of the Abyss to a friend with a walk through (As you need a walk through to find some of the side quests) he's about 60 hours into the game and not done yet, and he loves it, he can't believe tales games sell this poorly in NA when they sell very well in Japan...

I want my Tales of Rebirth and Tales of the Tempest
frown.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We Europeans have to wait because of some people's inability to grasp the English language. Why else would all games need to be translated to Spanish, Italian, German and French before they're released here?

That doesn't make sense. People in America don't understand English and they get the games before the rest of the world...
unsure.gif

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a warning (well, maybe a little rant) to all those who are expecting this game to be an epic adventure like FF7 and higher or Kingdom Hearts: IT'S NOT.
If you like characters with some development where someone falls in love and then someone dies and then someone finds their inner strength or whatever, don't play this game.
The only reason because I would recommend some to play it is if they're interested in the history of videogames because you get to see the birth of the job system and other features that have been repeated in other RPG's and are classic now, but from the storytelling point of view it only makes you realize how much good FF7 did to the genre and how necessary was Aerith's death to bring it to adulthood. It's like that day all gamers around the world grew their first hair in the chest (or got their first period...).
Genre already had deep storylines before ff7, none square games like Lufia2 had them

nuhbiwan79

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We Europeans have to wait because of some people's inability to grasp the English language. Why else would all games need to be translated to Spanish, Italian, German and French before they're released here?

I think some people in europe are not unable to grasp the English language but wait for the game to be launched in their mother tongue anyway. You would possibly do so aswell, but I doubt FF is ever going to be translated to Swedish. Some countries are not as lucky as you are, and have a population > 9millions, where not everyone wants to (or has to) learn English. I prefer to play games in my language, although my English is ok for almost every game. It´s just that I want to avoid English as much as possible...too much English in our daily lives, although we don´t need it.

other

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think some people in europe are not unable to grasp the English language but wait for the game to be launched in their mother tongue anyway. You would possibly do so aswell, but I doubt FF is ever going to be translated to Swedish. Some countries are not as lucky as you are, and have a population > 9millions, where not everyone wants to (or has to) learn English. I prefer to play games in my language, although my English is ok for almost every game. It´s just that I want to avoid English as much as possible...too much English in our daily lives, although we don´t need it.

No, I would definitely rather play the game in English than in Swedish, unless the Swedish version came first (which most likely would mean that it's a Swedish game). I don't understand why they can't just release an English version in Europe and then release whatever translation they want in the countries that want it. It's ridiculous that I should have to wait several months or more for a translation that's worthless. This isn't really a problem with the DS, since it's region free. I can just import the American version of the game, for less money, when it's released there. However, when it comes to the Wii, it fucking sucks. I now have to import the hardware too, it's going to be great if it ever breaks down.

But the anger in my first statement is kind of misdirected. The real problem is region locking games.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Like my country. All the games that get translated here are either kiddy games or crappy ones.

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Didn't have time yet to play the U version yet, gonna put this one on my card, saves me the trouble of going through the pile of backup discs ;-)
I have my doubts when looking at the screenshots, FFIII was fun on GBA though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs