Smilies count as punctuation
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The manga is about a boy who finds out he has inherited some mafia boss title and a little baby called reborn who is a very smart and skilled mafia person, is there to train him or something.

The name comes from special gun that reborn uses to shoot the boy, having the special affect of temporarily chaning the boys personailty to the extreme etc etc.

something along those lines, and i assume this game is somehow relevant to that plot.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Y IS TSUNAS HAIRR BROWN??? Its red u turds!!! They diid this to fuji in crystal drive too
frown.gif

Anyway, this game sucks hard. Its a minigame compilation, basically a worse Eyesheild 21 DS.

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate when topics get hijacked by petty arguing. You guys could easily continue your war of words with private messages or in a new thread completely

Spiridow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
I learned all the Spanish and French I need to know:

French:Â Non parlay Francais

Spanish: No habla Espanol.

wink.gif

If this is all you need to know, then please know it correctly
tongue.gif

French: Je ne parle pas Français. (I don't speak French)
Spanish: Non habla español (not sure of this one, the above one is 100% correct, French is my native language).

marko1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
So, this happens when there are no new game releases. I am referring to the language/spelling discussion.

Oh, I wish there were more good games coming out for DS. I would like some platformers and new Castlevenias.....or a DK game.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Damn

I saw the title for this before anything else, and nearly wet myself thinking it was a DS version of the fantastic Hitman games where your a hitman with guns and a garrot and kill people silently from behind.

How to disapointing to find it is yet another silly manga title. Where are all the good games for the DS.

I am still playing Splinter Cell on my DS, even though the graphics are slow as hell, its still a faithful version of the Splinter Cell games.

zakaien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is somewhat interesting to see people making moot points back and forth about the language the game is in... for several forum pages... and THEN see them not help the community out by making meaningful comments about the actual game in question.

EDIT: Here's the subplot of the anime to help with understanding what this game about (although the game is broken up into mini-games):

Sawada Tsunayoshi, or Tsuna, is a boy who is not good at ether study or sports. A tutor named Reborn is sent to him because of this. Surprisingly, the tutor is a baby; also, his purpose is to make Tsuna a full-fledged boss of an Italian mafia, the Vongole Family. What Reborn actually does, his way of teaching, is shoot a 'Deathperation' bullet into Tsuna's head. Those who are shot by these bullets are 'reborn' to work hard to fulfill his/her dying will. (Quoted and semi-paraphrased by anime.fansub.tv)

For the most part, the game seems very.. uh.. let's just say it's for certain audiences. If you are the type of person that likes goofy, seemingly pointless mini-games like running from dogs or dodging incoming projectiles or oncoming traffic... then this game may be for you. I like the thought of it, but it makes me feel like I can get quicker, more understandable entertainment elsewhere or I can just play Paperboy (this Reborn! game is very Paperboy-esque). Although, one thing made me stop to appreciate the game.... The most innovative aspect: when you get a 'Game Over' for failing to run away from the aforementioned dogs or failing other mini-games, there is a very interesting 'Continue?' screen where you have to prove to the game that you have the will to keep going (if you play it, you'll see what I mean).

If you are looking for substance, I am not exactly sure you'll like the game. It's very light-hearted and doesn't seem serious in any bit; so it's something of a just just pick up and do it kind of game (note: it also has some ad hoc Wi-Fi so that could be some quick, albeit short-lived, entertainment right there).

If you understand Japanese OR if you watched the anime, I guess you might enjoy it a bit more... but I can understand why this won't be translated or be coming to the U.S. anytime soon. All in all, I think it's something you should try once to see if you like it or this type of genre (it's straight forward; I don't think you really need much explanation in the mini-games except in the story/plot lines). For the most part, there are a lot of untranslated Japanese games that are similar to this (and some are more understandable/enjoyable).

On a side note (IMO, relating to the learning English vs learning Japanese posts [skip if you want to know more about the game]): I think English is one of the most difficult languages to learn, especially if your first language is something else--MOST especially if you are learning English for the first time in the U.S. There is a demand on every person in the U.S. to know English, yet the theories and applications of teaching English as a second language (TEFL or TESOL) are very few and sometimes inefficient/ineffective.

However, the programs for Americans to learn other languages, even logographic or syllabic character writing systems like Japanese, Cantonese/Mandarin, Korean, are vast and welcoming compared to when a foreigner is told to learn English (if a naturalized citizen still has an accent--despite their perfect grammar and great vocabulary--they will still be considered a person of foreign descent rather than an English speaker).

For the most part, other languages have been Romanized so frequently that it's almost uncanny to think that many U.S. Americans don't pick up another language, since so many others have put the resources out for us. Even Vietnamese was turned from logographic writing systems to a Romanized letter system by the French.

I mean, if it's hard for you to learn a language or whatnot, then it's hard. However, for everyone else, don't assume that translating into English is easy for the rest of the world just because you're natural with it.

Unless you have years upon years of work with TESOL or TEFL to prove me wrong, then to me, your point is illegitimate.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this anime, "POISON COOKING ATTACK" (throws pizza laced with anthrax), its a comedy about the mob, a child assasin whose pet iguana turns into a gun, a little boy who wears a cow outfit and carrys around a bazooka, a little chinese girl who knocks people out with her smelly breath attack, a boy who attacks people with firecrackers, a girl who makes poisoned food and attacks people with it, and the main hero who rips off his clothes.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I learned all the Spanish and French I need to know:

French:Â Non parlay Francais

Spanish: No habla Espanol.

wink.gif

If this is all you need to know, then please know it correctly
tongue.gif

French: Je ne parle pas Français. (I don't speak French)
Spanish: Non habla español (not sure of this one, the above one is 100% correct, French is my native language).

Non parlay Francais = no speak French......right? Syntax in another language may be different and it's technically incorrect, but I imagine anyone that actually speaks French would still get what I meant. I never bothered to figure out how to put the little wigglies over or under letters.

I only took a half-year of French 25 years ago in junior high. I asked for Spanish because that language would be useful where I live, but they stuck me in French (I don't know ANYONE that speaks it) and I rebelled and refused to even open my book for about a month.
rolleyes.gif

So I guess, "Une jolie fille" is technically incorrect for, "a pretty girl" too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker