DS #0945: Meet the Robinsons (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a few previews of this, apparently it was looking good. Doubt it you know its a movie to game thing and its Disney.

I wish Virgin did games again, their Lion King, Jungle Book and Aladdin (Mega Drive versions) were great.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The movie should be good, it's being made by Pixar, I think. I have yet to see Pixar fail at creating a blockbuster movie.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Mar 23 2007, 01:02 PM)]The movie should be good, it's being made by Pixar, I think. I have yet to see Pixar fail at creating a blockbuster movie.
Its not by Pixar.

Also Cars sucked, in my opinion that is.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game is a bastard to play on a DS Lite due to shitty diagonals. Same as any other 3D game.

The graphics engine is impressive. The game itself feels like a cheap rip off of the Zelda platforming and item gameplay. Complete with speedy rolling!

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The film is by Pixar according to IMDB but they are unaccredited, don't know why that is, it may be to do with the merger that is supposedly happening.

Still don't make the game any good...

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The film is by Pixar according to IMDB but they are unaccredited, don't know why that is, it may be to do with the merger that is supposedly happening.

Since when was IMDB always right anyway?
wtf.gif

If you click on the full details it'll tell you that its a Disney Animation film, Pixar are just "overseeing", or a couple of people from them give advice on various techniques and such and such.

If Pixar did make it tyou'd see their logo all over the film. A Pixar movie does better than any animated Disney movie, that's why Disney has them.

Anyway back on subject, game is better than most tie in games but not by much.

man.. disney comes out with so much crap they dont even advertise anymore
Over here there's adverts everywhere, film opens here today I think, looks pretty much like every other CGI film but then so did Monster House and I loved that.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game is a bastard to play on a DS Lite due to shitty diagonals. Same as any other 3D game.

The graphics engine is impressive. The game itself feels like a cheap rip off of the Zelda platforming and item gameplay. Complete with speedy rolling!

You mean the DS Lite in its D-Pad design has difficulty doing diagonals? Man, and here I thought it was just MY DS Lite
tongue.gif
lol!!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should make a Tomb Raider or some other similar game using this graphic engine.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To all those who are thinking this is Pixar they are wrong!!! This is entirely Disney, Pixar makes great original movies not copies and I thought Cars was great IMO.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks pretty good, but that kid you control looks lame as he runs around.

Let's see.....would you rather look at a woman with big hooters and a great body, or a bean-pole kid as they explore the area? Yeah, me too.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

Since when was IMDB always right anyway?
wtf.gif

If you click on the full details it'll tell you that its a Disney Animation film, Pixar are just "overseeing", or a couple of people from them give advice on various techniques and such and such.

Not if it was made as "work for hire". I intern for an interactive marketing company which does stuff for them as "work for hire" and the contract (which I have reviewed) says that basically they can claim that they made it themselves.

This is likely the case. Pixar are probably "consultants" which is just a nice way of referring to those who are outsourced. Outsourcing is a dirty word nowadays.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though the game itself is lame I like the 3D engine. I knew with the DS out
selling everything on the planet they would soon concentrate on better 3D engines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1