DS #0916: Konami Arcade Collection (Japan)

bush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom, dying?
laugh.gif
Best joke ive heard in a long time.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
It's about time somebody put one of these on DS. For some reason, PSP has been getting nearly all of the classic game compilations.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's about time somebody put one of these on DS. For some reason, PSP has been getting nearly all of the classic game compilations.

It's easier to emulate the games on PSP's hardware since it's much more powerful than DS. That's why you see so many compilations on PSP. It's easy money since there's less work.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting lock ups on the selection screen when selecting Rush 'N' Attack. Can't pick the game or navigate away.

It works perfect on my R4DS. I've played Rush'N'Attack multiple times.

I've only had one game sit at a loading screen instead of booting.....Rayman Raving Rabbids did that to me once when it was loading the next level, and it only did that once. Never did it again......

anotheruser22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to steal weapons off your opponent in Green Beret? It says on the intro screen (in Japanese) that it's possible just dosn't tell you how.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
does everyone here remember the konami code. its Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A. it works on contra and gradius, does it still work on this compiliation
unsure.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know how to steal weapons off your opponent in Green Beret? It says on the intro screen (in Japanese) that it's possible just doesn't tell you how.
Some enemies they just drop special weapons once you stab them.
Then you automatically pick up the new weapon and fire it with the second button, just like in the arcade....

By the way , I didn't comment earlier on this release, but I must say I am extremely pleased, it's much better then what I tought it might be.
The strange intro is actually reminiscent of the start-up screen of the early konami arcade machines, the menus are really very well made and allow you to modify any dip switch of the game(like mame does ) and you can even see the reproduction of the actual dip switches on the arcade board....awesome !
Then there are different ways to emulate the display, but it's not a cheap implementation like an home brew snes emulator might be, in fact you can shrink the screen, or keep the pixel resolution and scroll the extra area of the screen but the menus stay on top and on the right spot, which means they really worked on a flawlessly way to port those games. And the GUI is fast and easy to navigate, and can be recalled at any time.
Everything screams quality over it, and plus they presented us with the real arcade version of each game, not a nes or s-nes port!
I think it cannot be done any better then this on the DS.
I had many disappointments with the various arcade compilations over the years and over different systems like the DC, GBA and PS2, and usually I just prefer to use a proper emulator and play the classics on my PC, but this time I cannot find any minimal complain at all !
It's true some games have little problems with the resolution (like Contra) but all in all, this is a perfect release !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded