DS #0916: Konami Arcade Collection (Japan)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what save type?

I get to the title, after the voice says whatever it is that it says, then it just stays there. EZ V

Ah, got it. 64KB And that was the problem. It works now.

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For navigating through the game menu.

Good game
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there save states int his so that you don't have to beat them in one sitting?
Because that would make this even awesomer.

What would be retro about that? It plays like the original arcade games no checkpoints, save points etc... Only difference is you don't have to put 10p in the machine to play it.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rush N Attack? Goddammit I'm kicking myself since I was in a game store last week and saw a bunch of NES carts for £2 and Rush N Attack was one of them... or maybe I already have it but I lost it under my cupboard. It is a mystery. Oh Track and Field. First my touchscreen was scratched by EBA and Ouendan now my buttons must suffer as well? Thank goodness there's not a DS Track and Field where you have to keep tapping one spot on the screen until you literally bust a hole in it.

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Yes! Finally a sucker like me can finish Contra and Rush`n Attack(Never liked those arcade-emulators)! Twinbee, Galaxian, Track&Field, Circus Charlie, Pooyan, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Kicker...so many memories. Guts!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just saying that big companies, such as KONAMI or CAPCOM are dying
well... in fact numbers say that

and why?

thats easy to answer, just look at the games

CAPCOM: created Street Fighter and what does capcom have now? capcom has 10000 versions of street fighter II
(I LOVE CAPCOM, but i played street fighter when i was 6... now im 21... is the street fighter saga dead?)

un Squadron ... that was a game!!    ;-)

KONAMI:Â great games in the past, and now konami is living because of Metal Gear Solid, Pro Evoultion and Castlevania

SQUARE: how many awesone games did SQUARESOFT when workning with Nintendo? and now? square-enix is only working in FinalFantasy..X

and now think why these companies are having problems with sales

because of piracy? or because of the quality of the games??

..... now think why nintendo created wii..... just to change the same old things....
Wtf are you talking about? All of those companies have had massive selling games and are still coming up with new and very profitable games that aren't previous existing franchises.

Konami are also not living off Castlevania, Pro Evo or Metal Gear. They live off Dance Dance games, Silent Hill, Elebits, Zone of the Enders.

Square Enix aren't living only off Final Fantasy, they have plenty of other franchises all of which are very good and sell well. Dragon Quest, Valkrie, Kingdom Hearts, Mana games, Grandia and many others.

What does Capcom have now? Lets see they are always producing a great new franchise every year that sell very well. Heard of Dead Rising? Blue Dragon? Resident Evil? Viewtiful Joe? Okami? Phoenix Wright? Lost Planet? Devil May Cry? Not heard of those then? There's also plenty for the future, No More Heroes?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how you can activate rapid-fire/button config to ANYTHING you want.......makes the games a lot easier (and more fun) to play through.

Great release! Too bad there are more crap games than good ones in the compilation, but I guess that's subjective. At least the "good ones" are really great and play exactly as they did in the arcades.

I'll be playing this one a lot.
yaynds.gif

Hint: Don't set rapid-fire too fast. That's all I'm sayin'.

RAneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well...
lets see...

"Resident Evil? Viewtiful Joe? Okami? Phoenix Wright? Lost Planet? Devil May Cry"

Resident Evil came in a good moment, was a good game and lets see what happens
smile.gif

Viewtiful Joe 2 was a complete failure, and no more will come
Okami was a great game, however the company that designed the game closed just after the release of this game
I love Phoenix Wright, however it's not having as much audience as expected
Lost planet? well... i really dont like the game, always walking over the snow, always watching a white screen :S
Devil May Cry??? did u play DMC 2 and DMC3?
oh man, DMC1 was a good game, but the rest....

and well.. it's well known that capcom is not having lots of benefits these last years and there are lots of rumors about microsft-capcom , konami-capcom, capcom-etc...

and about konami's situation....
just mention last year was a bad year for them, however it's right that konami doesnt only work in videogames, they got lots of other stuff like BEMANI, ARCADE, and so on
but its true that there was a sales drop last year
cant say more
tongue.gif

and about square-enix
well...i just checked a top ten with the most sold games...

1. FINAL FANTASY XII (PS2)
2 BRAIN TRAINING DEL DR. KAWASHIMA (DS)
3 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (DS)
4 ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD (DS)
5 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY (DS)
6 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (PS2)
7 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (WII)
8 ENGLISH TRAINING: (DS)
9 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (PSP)
10 WWE SMACKDOWN! VS. RAW 2007 (PS2)

and i just see FFXII and ProEvo
that shows what i wanted to say....

and i love guitar freaks, and i love drummania, and i love DDR.... but.....im just remembering that good old days, playing Zelda:link to the past, Legend of mana, street fighter 2, un squadron, killer instinct, mario 64, tetris, mario land 2, chrono trigger, turtles in time, ..... those good old days... i just want something new, something fresh, .....

ainsh................

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. FINAL FANTASY XII (PS2)Â
2Â BRAIN TRAINING DEL DR. KAWASHIMA (DS)Â
3Â NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (DS)Â
4Â ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD (DS)Â
5Â BIG BRAIN ACADEMY (DS)Â
6Â PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (PS2)Â
7Â THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (WII)Â
8Â ENGLISH TRAINING: (DS)
9Â PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (PSP)Â
10Â WWE SMACKDOWN! VS. RAW 2007 (PS2)Â

and i just see FFXII and ProEvo
that shows what i wanted to say....

QUOTE(RAneo @ Mar 16 2007, 09:00 PM)im just saying that big companies, such as KONAMI or CAPCOM are dying
well... in fact numbers say that
Congrats on providing information that DISPROVES your comment. You're not looking at it from the right perspective. Now if they have taken in lower sales, I accept that. It doesn't mean that they are dying. Here's how you look at that. One or two of them are on a list dominated by Nintendo. How many companies AREN'T on that list? Konami and the other guys are not going anywhere. Many companies have their classic games that make everything new they bring out seem to suck.

Now about changing "the same old things". What the hell do you think Clover did with Viewtiful Joe and Okami? And Viewtiful Joe 2 being a complete failure and no more coming? Then why the hell did more Viewtiful Joe games come after it, including the DS title? Capcom also took Resident Evil to a new path with the over the should gameplay and it paid off big time. Sqaure Enix tried new things with Disney that led to Kingdom Hearts. And why stop with Final Fantasy? They are raking in the cash with it. Their remakes and ports also seem to be doing well if they have brought 5 FF ports to GBA, a remake to DS, bringing 3 games to PSP. And when they finally bring 7 to whatever console/handheld, sales are probably going to shoot through the roof yet again for them.

Point is, these companies ARE trying new things. And if they aren't, they are sticking with what works for them. They will not be going anywhere.

P.S. For the sticking with works for them comment, see the Mega Man series. God damn there are a lot of fucking Mega Man games.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just played contra on this thing and got to the third level. It has some really bad framerate issues and the resolution is awful. It's hard to make out things like bullets. The text looks horrendous. Deleted.

Oh and everything is english. I haven't seen any japanese in this compilation.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...