DS #0904: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters World Championship 2007 (Japan)

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of interested in learning to play as well...It's basically just make a deck, draw 7 cards, and do stuff with them, right?

Also, do holograms really push you down and hurt you physically?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm so many comments, and none of them actually refers if this game is actually playable online, is it? or is it just to trade cards and recipes?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
is this the story based or is it just pure card playing? i didn't enjoy the gba version that much
frown.gif

71scorpion71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The cards text is in your langage (cf release langages), however the cards names (picture's ones) are in japanese, kinda like the spirit sumoner jp release (with some english), there is no story as far as I can tell so that's not a real issue here ...

for the online (wifi) part, you can play either with friend codes, or random play like mario cart with total strangers

for the wireless part, you can trade cards, trade recipes, single duel or match duel,

beside no story, you still duel AI opponents, which allow you to gain points, and you can buy new cards, or equipment with these points (like NT or GX), also duelling with friends gives you points . . .

Scorpion

PS: I'm using m3 sd with safe mode / force r/w / Trim rom, it seems stable so far, but we experienced one random freeze on 2 of the 3 DS we use and some sound bug (no crash/freeze) while using the deck construction menu, if anyone has a better way let me know
smile.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i nev er played yu gi oh before or watched the cartoon but i really like this card game ir ecomend it to ppl who like card games ! defintly check it out guys

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
OK. This game is in fact based directly on Spirit Caller and by extention the first DS Yu-Gi-Oh. Same fonts, Rock/Paper/Scissors coin icons, sound effects, battle screen layout, gameplay, etc. All I see missing is the story mode, both earlier games had a lackluster if not nonexistant plot even then.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Im wondering not if the language is the one of my DS but if the cards names in english are the real card names ._.

some in the last one had weird names

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
EDIT: I just got it. Some quick info for anyone with questions:

1. Beginning a new game, you get to pick your country of origin by selecting its flag (my country, the Philippines, is available - astig chong!
rofl2.gif
). As such, the language selected was English for me.
2. All packs from Spirit Summoner are available from the start, with an extra pack called DARK Collection 1.
3. You start off with the same character customization options as SS, but as mentioned by one of the posters here, you can unlock more stuff. It costs 500 Duel Points to change though once you've made your initial selection. It doesn't cost anything to change your uniform or duel disk though.
4. For YGO newbies: the tutorial included is the same as Nightmare Troubador, meaning it's hands-on and step-by-step. Good place to start.
5. You can customize in-game messages, like when you take damage you can say stuff and it shows on-screen. You can only choose from pre-made dialogue though.
6. Verified: SS/SC saves can't be transferred to this game. Dammit.
cry.gif

7. Pack Glitch from SS doesn't work. So it's back to earning it the old-fashioned way
laugh.gif

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can't use curse words in your deck name either
dry.gif
I tried to call my starter deck "Crap Deck" and it said YOU CAN'T CALL IT THAT!!! (or words to that effect)

You can transfer a deck list and all the card for that list from SC to this too.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Started having a look at this cos I've always wanted to learn it (The last story one baffled me at first so i gave up) Doing the tutorial now and realised it's very like Magic: The Gathering which I used to play a fair bit at school. But I must be really crap because I can't beat the second tutorial duel. He just pulls out this big rainbow trout thing straight away and I've got nothing that can beat it so I get immediately panned.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last time I played one was on the gba, with story mode and "rpg" element so to say. After that i've tried giving the ones on the ds a try but never got into it. But this game kicks ass! It has pretty much everything you want (except for a story mode, but that doesn't matter. Since it's the cardplay that is the best), but with a good concept and if you want a proper good yu gi oh cardgame. Then this is the one.

Only downside as i've seen so far, is that it seems you don't lose rating when disconnecting from wifi. I've had 4 ppl disconnect on me so far out of 19 total duels. The funny thing is that not a single japanese person has disconnected so far.. but they all been from other countries... one country in particular (won't mention which one, but it is a pretty big one
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.