OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn, and I can't try it because my PC is broken and will be for a few more days.
frown.gif
Someone tell me: How is it? Is it as awesome as Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop and Fly? Or maybe even better?
Well, seems like Legacy loves it...
wub.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno the videos make this look like the standard crap-a-phon, saying that the last game started off really bad and then became enjoyable.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The graphics and frame rate in this game are very impressive for the DS, but the gameplay and level design is about as generic as platformers get so far... Though, fans of platformers such as myself will find something entertaining here, at least for a while.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I quite like it, for some reason it reminds me of some Amiga platformers. Its one of those you dont really mind playing to the end but will never change the world. Very nice engine, Ubisoft should take note for the next Rayman DS game! Would like to see the engine used for other DS titles.

Overall after playing a few levels, yes kinda generic but enjoyable nevertheless cant say I will buy it but release of the month so far, even though this month has been VERY dissapointing, of course with Metal Slug 1 GBA, Theme Park, Settlers, Custom Robo, Chronos Twin and Flipper Critters that wont last long me thinks.

Done by Shin'en, just visited their website and they do do a lot of games that have nice graphics. Just wondering if anyone played Maya the Bee on the gba? Just looked at it and the screens make it look real nice, SMW2 Yoshi Island style graphics. I avoided it as well ITS MAYA THE FRIKIN BEE! Cant say I bothered with that Miss Spider either, but recently heard good things so might try it.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally it`s out.
biggrin.gif
This game is fuckin awesome. Euro games are always the best games. It`s a shame that there are not many developers left from europe nowdays.
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
And on top this game is by SHIN`EM.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
You can trust em. I will always buy there games, even if I didn`t try it. Release date here in Germany it next Monday (12.03). And the first thing that I will do next monday, is to buy this shiny baby.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

PLEASE FOLKZ ! BUY THIS GAME !!!
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
It`s worth any penny.

Next games on my most wanted list:
NANOSTRAY 2 - SHIN`EM
IMPOSSIBLE MISSION DS - SYSTEM 3

WE ONLY NEED EURO GAMES !

I SIMPLY LOVE IT:
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I quite like it, for some reason it reminds me of some Amiga platformers. Its one of those you dont really mind playing to the end but will never change the world. Very nice engine, Ubisoft should take note for the next Rayman DS game! Would like to see the engine used for other DS titles.

Overall after playing a few levels, yes kinda generic but enjoyable nevertheless cant say I will buy it but release of the month so far, even though this month has been VERY dissapointing, of course with Metal Slug 1 GBA, Theme Park, Settlers, Custom Robo, Chronos Twin and Flipper Critters that wont last long me thinks.

Done by Shin'en, just visited their website and they do do a lot of games that have nice graphics. Just wondering if anyone played Maya the Bee on the gba? Just looked at it and the screens make it look real nice, SMW2 Yoshi Island style graphics. I avoided it as well ITS MAYA THE FRIKIN BEE! Cant say I bothered with that Miss Spider either, but recently heard good things so might try it.

It reminds you of some AMIGA jump n runs ? Sure cause it`s from the AMIGA demogroup ABYSS.
wub.gif

The guyz know how to do it right.
lecture.gif

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country

Overall after playing a few levels, yes kinda generic but enjoyable nevertheless cant say I will buy it
Initially I agreed with you on the Rayman comment, but after playing a couple of stages I'm not sure I can agree any more. The level geometry is extremely orthogonal, everything is built as or like a cube except the characters, whereas Rayman had non-orthogonal geometry. The end result is that yes, it looks clean and runs well, but I get the distinct impression it either isn't capable of non-orthogonal geometry, or using the polygons to do so would be a performance hit. So it may not be something that can be used with a richer game like Rayman.

As for the gameplay itself I agree. It's technically proficient but beyond being generic it's easy & slow-paced(both the character and the music). The wee ones will enjoy it, but it's not even something most people would find challenging in their sleep.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Wow, on Shinen's homepage have a video about this game, I seen it days before, and it's really have good graphics!
smile.gif

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It reminds you of some AMIGA jump n runs ? Sure cause it`s from the AMIGA demogroup ABYSS.Â
wub.gif

The guyz know how to do it right.
lecture.gif

Really? Cool. I used to swap with a few members of Abyss. So, when are we going to see The Silents release Pinball Dreams on the DS then?
the silents = digital illusion. their games have always kinda hints that they were the silents for example in car game team name TSL etc
wink.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Overall after playing a few levels, yes kinda generic but enjoyable nevertheless cant say I will buy itInitially I agreed with you on the Rayman comment, but after playing a couple of stages I'm not sure I can agree any more. The level geometry is extremely orthogonal, everything is built as or like a cube except the characters, whereas Rayman had non-orthogonal geometry. The end result is that yes, it looks clean and runs well, but I get the distinct impression it either isn't capable of non-orthogonal geometry, or using the polygons to do so would be a performance hit. So it may not be something that can be used with a richer game like Rayman.

As for the gameplay itself I agree. It's technically proficient but beyond being generic it's easy & slow-paced(both the character and the music). The wee ones will enjoy it, but it's not even something most people would find challenging in their sleep.
I see what you mean, I was thinking of Rayman game more like the GBA version but of course 3D/2D but yeah maybe the engine would need revising a bit more..

I dont think it was ever meant to be challenging, as well its for kids! Compared to other games aimed for kids at least its fun and well designed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse