DS #0893: Garfield's Nightmare (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Mar 10, 2007.

Mar 10, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-1552^^

2. pacha69

Member pacha69 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    this game looks good.

3. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Damn, and I can't try it because my PC is broken and will be for a few more days. [​IMG] Someone tell me: How is it? Is it as awesome as Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop and Fly? Or maybe even better?
    Well, seems like Legacy loves it... [​IMG]

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I dunno the videos make this look like the standard crap-a-phon, saying that the last game started off really bad and then became enjoyable.

5. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    i think this games alright, Ive only been playing for a few minutes, but since its made by shinen I know it will be good

6. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    Is this just like the Garfield game on the old Gameboy?
    I really liked that game.

Q~

7. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Sweet, this game rules. Been waiting for it, so I'm glad its out.

8. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The graphics and frame rate in this game are very impressive for the DS, but the gameplay and level design is about as generic as platformers get so far... Though, fans of platformers such as myself will find something entertaining here, at least for a while.

9. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    i just hope you learn some moves later on, like running and double jumping

10. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Yeah I quite like it, for some reason it reminds me of some Amiga platformers. Its one of those you dont really mind playing to the end but will never change the world. Very nice engine, Ubisoft should take note for the next Rayman DS game! Would like to see the engine used for other DS titles.

Overall after playing a few levels, yes kinda generic but enjoyable nevertheless cant say I will buy it but release of the month so far, even though this month has been VERY dissapointing, of course with Metal Slug 1 GBA, Theme Park, Settlers, Custom Robo, Chronos Twin and Flipper Critters that wont last long me thinks.

Done by Shin'en, just visited their website and they do do a lot of games that have nice graphics. Just wondering if anyone played Maya the Bee on the gba? Just looked at it and the screens make it look real nice, SMW2 Yoshi Island style graphics. I avoided it as well ITS MAYA THE FRIKIN BEE! Cant say I bothered with that Miss Spider either, but recently heard good things so might try it.

11. plasmatron

Member plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Finally it`s out. [​IMG] This game is fuckin awesome. Euro games are always the best games. It`s a shame that there are not many developers left from europe nowdays. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And on top this game is by SHIN`EM. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You can trust em. I will always buy there games, even if I didn`t try it. Release date here in Germany it next Monday (12.03). And the first thing that I will do next monday, is to buy this shiny baby. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PLEASE FOLKZ ! BUY THIS GAME !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It`s worth any penny.

Next games on my most wanted list:
    NANOSTRAY 2 - SHIN`EM
    IMPOSSIBLE MISSION DS - SYSTEM 3

WE ONLY NEED EURO GAMES !

I SIMPLY LOVE IT: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. plasmatron

Member plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Germany

It reminds you of some AMIGA jump n runs ? Sure cause it`s from the AMIGA demogroup ABYSS. [​IMG]
    The guyz know how to do it right. [​IMG]

13. Danieluz

Member Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    It has portuguese language support [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I think I'll buy this game when it comes out here [​IMG]

15. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    This reminds me of an old amiga platformer as well. A little too simplistic though for a DS game of today. Probably a better game for kids.

16. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Initially I agreed with you on the Rayman comment, but after playing a couple of stages I'm not sure I can agree any more. The level geometry is extremely orthogonal, everything is built as or like a cube except the characters, whereas Rayman had non-orthogonal geometry. The end result is that yes, it looks clean and runs well, but I get the distinct impression it either isn't capable of non-orthogonal geometry, or using the polygons to do so would be a performance hit. So it may not be something that can be used with a richer game like Rayman.

As for the gameplay itself I agree. It's technically proficient but beyond being generic it's easy & slow-paced(both the character and the music). The wee ones will enjoy it, but it's not even something most people would find challenging in their sleep.

17. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Really? Cool. I used to swap with a few members of Abyss. So, when are we going to see The Silents release Pinball Dreams on the DS then?

18. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Wow, on Shinen's homepage have a video about this game, I seen it days before, and it's really have good graphics! [​IMG]

19. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    the silents = digital illusion. their games have always kinda hints that they were the silents for example in car game team name TSL etc [​IMG]

20. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    I see what you mean, I was thinking of Rayman game more like the GBA version but of course 3D/2D but yeah maybe the engine would need revising a bit more..

I dont think it was ever meant to be challenging, as well its for kids! Compared to other games aimed for kids at least its fun and well designed.