Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As posted by DjoeNtje in another thread:

Works fine on

* Ewin2 MiniSD: Save Patch: Y / Trim Rom: Y (Press Y to start)
* Supercard SD/MiniSD/Lite: Restart: NO / Trim: Y / Faster Game Play: Y / Enable "Patch Cartridge Access" Compatibility: High
* Express Card: Drag and Drop set save type to 2Mbit FLASH
* MK5: Drag and Drop set save type to 2Mbit FLASH
* DSLinker: Drag and Drop set save type to 2Mbit FLASH
* DS Fire: Drag and Drop set save type to 2Mbit FLASH
* Supercard DS One: Drag and Drop set save type to 2Mbit FLASH
* M3 SD (Lite) / G6 : Safe Mode (You can trim the rom, avoid Reset)
* R4 / M3 Simply: Drag and Drop
* DS-Xtreme: Drag and Drop

grog.gif

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that it wasn't any protection at all. I think that the macronix chip needed only a new, or a good (if WRG code is broken a bit), algorithm to extract the raw data properly from this 1gbit Macronix memory.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that it wasn't any protection at all. I think that the macronix chip needed only a new, or a good (if WRG code is broken a bit), algorithm to extract the raw data properly from this 1gbit Macronix memory.

Yeah, I just think it was different components in the cart that weren't compatible with current dumping methods used by most groups rather than a deliberate attempt at making a game undumpable.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone know how the wifi works on this? Its all in Japanese but do you need a friend registered on a list or can anyone join in? Also how many players can play on wifi at the same time?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Played the first mission, love the look of this game, seems quite fun too. Replay of the entire mission with 4 different views as well
ohmy.gif

Lovely blue skies as well, obviously been listening to these guys' campaign:

EDIT: 500 posts
toot.gif
A little tune should play or something

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lagacy has it's own dump device I thought.. hmm I will look it up
QUOTE said:
Edit: Found it:

''Most "end users" of DS roms don't need to dump their own roms since they download them anyway. Dumping roms yourself is somewhat complicated, and only works with certain hardware.

The original DS cards are encrypted. The current methods of dumping the roms all piggyback on the decryption in the DS itself to get to the clean unencrypted roms.

* NDS Rom Dumper can dump roms using the GBA Movie Player.
  * MAGICKEY Tools can dump roms using NeoFlash.
  * FWNitro, a homebrew firmware different from FlashMe, can also be used to dump roms onto most CF-based adaptors.
  * The group Legacy has built their own dumper device for dumping DS roms (image). ''

Homebrewdsdumper.jpg

From moddz.com:

QUOTEIt seems that all of the commotion about the new DS game protection methods turned out not to be true. Originally release group WRG tried to dump the game Jet Impulse but was unsuccessful, citing that all methods (M3 Dumper, SMT1.1, WRG DUMPER 1.4) to dump the ROM caused their devices to hang. Afterwards, release group Legacy (LGC) attempted to dump the game using a “Dump Kit” and was successful. Speculation is that Legacy used the Neo Flash MK3, and since the MK3 automatically trims the dump they must have added erroneous 1 & 0’s to complete the ROM, therefore making it clean.

Currently the Jet Impulse ROM is being spread among the normal channels, and a special thanks goes out to Legacy, as we can all rest assured that come this fall we’ll all be playing Zelda on our devices without any problems.
FishTank DS v0.3

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works G6Lite with Dofat, soft reset (force r/w too), and trim. NIce,

Stuck on the mission "Stage Two" how do I kill the guy in the red ship? I can't even hit him.

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a bad game, but I was expecting something more notable since this was Nintendo-developed. Seems like a fairly by-the-book flight combat game. Hell, steering isn't even handled by the touch screen like in Star Fox.

Unusual to see FMV and guitar samples in a Nintendo game, but otherwise it's unremarkable. Wouldn't be surprised if this franchise quickly fades into obscurity.

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Fun game, I like the way you get a full replay of your previous mission, although the camera choices aren't exactly very dynamic.

Be nice when an English language version comes out, so I can understand what the hell's going on.
wink.gif

Flyfishing

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works on SC CF (w/trim, FPG, and Patch High).

Pretty fun game so far. Stuck on the first official mission. Guess I'll have to try more than twice to beat it...WiFi is useless now, nobody on...Hopefully it gets busier soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol