DS #0847: Lunar Knights (USA)

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Damn, I hoped this game was related to the Lunar series on SCD/PSX... unfortunately it's just a successor to Boktai.
frown.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on Boktai? Haven't heard of it before, just looked up screenshots of Lunar Knights and not really sure what to make of it.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You should really play Boktai 1 & 2 on GBA. They are Hideo Kojima games and very very good, pushed the GBA hardware alot. I played through them both, 3 was (J) only.
They focus on Django who can use the power of the Sun and must do so to defeat vampires. They even have a slight metal gear feature of sneak/wall tap etc. I'd put them on par with golden sun/metroid/castlevania etc. but because of the weird name they didn't do too well outside of Japan.
This game looks like a futuristic leap for the series and even uses some of the same sprites, fonts, menus etc from the GBA games. I hope missing out on Boktai 3 doesn't effect this story.
Anyone who disagrees is a lemon.

cubanresourceful

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like...i have looked everywhere and cannot find a place to "test" this game. Is XPA releases only on IRC? I am not asking for a link here, just general info on these releases as they always confuse me. >.> Or are they one of those groups who don't give out links, but the file still somehow finds its way on the net?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Release groups give them on fserves.

Funny, when I went to school this morning I said to myself: "GBATemp will have Lunar Knights released when I get back!"

And what do you know? This always happens, I love you guys.

That said,

GNARLY DOOOD!!!

EDITZ: :wtf: Dl took like 15 mins WTF? Huge file.

EDITZ 2: Fun game. Very fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool