N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am a picross maniac as well.  Besides the original GB Picross and the japan-only sequal Picross 2, is the first Picross title since those?  I am willing to try any game that can satisfy my fix!
I think it's the most recent game called Picross but there are other games with the same type of puzzles on the DS.

0311 Oekaki Puzzle Battle (J) is my favorite.
0813 Essential Sudoku DS is in English and that's the best thing I can say about it.

0311 Oekaki Puzzle Battle (J), I tried this one but couldn't figure out how to X out a block. Anyone know how?

Also, the best picross on the DS in my opinion, is 0679 Puzzle Series Vol. 6 - Illust Logic
I do not like the way the board zooms on the 15x15 puzzles in #0830: Picross DS (Japan).

njt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am a picross maniac as well. Besides the original GB Picross and the japan-only sequal Picross 2, is the first Picross title since those? I am willing to try any game that can satisfy my fix!
I think it's the most recent game called Picross but there are other games with the same type of puzzles on the DS.

0813 Essential Sudoku DS is in English and that's the best thing I can say about it.

0311 Oekaki Puzzle Battle (J), I tried this one but couldn't figure out how to X out a block. Anyone know how?

Also, the best picross on the DS in my opinion, is 0679 Puzzle Series Vol. 6 - Illust Logic
I do not like the way the board zooms on the 15x15 puzzles in #0830: Picross DS (Japan).

Thanks for the recommendation
biggrin.gif

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to save a puzzle mid-completion?

I can't seem to figure out a way, and have been leaving my DS in sleep mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monkeydunk

Niccolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to save a puzzle mid-completion?

Yes, when your at the puzzle, press start and tap on the upper right option on the menu.

Next menu take the left option.

Goes back to title screen and you can turn off your DS.

Next time you start the game, a menu shows up. Take the left option.

Automatically takes you back to the unsolved puzzle.

problem solved
smile.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
best part is the downloads and online battle.

10 levels from Mario Picross are already available to download for free.

Wifi -> Community (2nd option) -> (connect, first button) -> Classic (1st option) -> "Mario no Picross" (only option) -> A -> A -> (it saves) -> OK

then you can exit out with B.
The puzzles are available from Main Menu -> My picross (2nd down, left column) -> Classic (2nd button)
as more packs become available you can scroll through your downloads with L & R

Includes the classic BGM and graphics of the game too.

--------------------

And vs battle mode online is intense if both of you are picross junkies.

The second option in Wifi mode is "Puzzle Exchange", which gives you two options: "upload to your home" and "download from a friend's home".

Meaning I can make a puzzle, upload it to my "home" on nintendo's server, and then friends with my code can go to the 2nd option and download it from my "home".

This is really a great game.

fugazi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a problem with this game, the sensibility of the screen is bad. the blocks of the boottom-right corner only works if i touch in the eft side of the block.
i have proved it in ez4 and supercard , in two distinct ds's (the two are usa white lite ).

i and the only one with this problem??

thanks and sorry for my english.

emisan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, it takes forever to load on my R4 too.
unsure.gif

I had the same issue. It took a long time to get past the Nintendo/Jupiter screen, and then once I finally got into the game it also took a while to save. However, I just upgraded my R4 to version 1.06 and now it works perfectly every time. I'll try downgrading my firmware again later to see of if it really was the issue.

QUOTEbest part is the downloads and online battle
Would it be possible for someone to upload their save with the online downloads? I unfortunately don't have Wifi access and would love to replay the old Mario's Picross stuff.

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get it to run on my R4 with 1.06b as it would stay on the splash screen forever. But once I upgraded to the new 1.06 final, my trimmed rom loaded right up.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a picross maniac as well. Besides the original GB Picross and the japan-only sequal Picross 2, is the first Picross title since those? I am willing to try any game that can satisfy my fix!

I don't think there's any way to X out a block in Oekaki.
I'm not a fan of the zooming in Picross DS either. Cutting off the numbers is really annoying.

fishsticks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the buttons and d-pad as well, it's easier to play. I'm obsessed with picross, thanks for the tip about the download pack, as I'm almost done with the unlocked nintendo puzzles.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh, it seems they put up a new Puzzle pack today, everyone go download it!
Seems it's from the Super Famicom rewriteable cart thingy Version, Volume 1... If i remember that correctly, that is...

paxl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOWW !

I always loved picross ! but this is beyond entendment !

Perfect I say,

Do somone know if there will be a English version of this game ?

Thanks
paxl13

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need much Japanese knowledge at all, you don't really need any to play the main game. Basic knowledge will take you around the menus here and there.

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues saving completed puzzles using their R4? Mine was working correctly before I went wifi and downloaded packs. Now all of my completed games are wiped out. If I complete the easy level and quit the game, when I turn it back on, I get a screenful of Japanese with 2 buttons, and either one I select brings me back to where none of the puzzles have been completed. I've been shutting it off at the main menu and backing out of the stage by retiring.

I'll have to try wiping out the save file when I get home. Using 1.06 on my R4, trimmed rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb