DS #0811: Essential Sudoku DS (Europe)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
this game includes about 1000 Picross puzzles in addition to the Sudoku, yknow. not that you'd guess from the boxart or anything.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sigh ... when will I see a Kakuro game in English?
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this game includes about 1000 Picross puzzles in addition to the Sudoku, yknow. not that you'd guess from the boxart or anything.
Wow thanks for the tip, i love picross. I definitly would have missed this if you hadn't pointed it out.

And by the way, Picross DS comes out in japan january 25, with some luck it should be playable without japanese knowledge.. I even heard that you can draw a picture and have the game "picrossize" it. Can't wait, but this one should help me with the wait.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game crashes the U disk manager every time I try to write it, I'm using g6 lite with the latest updates....
This happened to me too. I was able to get it to load after I unzipped the file though. The thing I noticed most was that the file seemed to be from the future. I am running Vista and I sorted by date and it put the nds file in the s"somtime in the futer" section. I never saw that before but the date on the file was Jan 19, 2038.
wtf.gif
Awsome. Mabe that is why Udisk had a problem with it..........long story short....unzip it.

Spandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This game has some serious issues:

- The number-recognition is pretty sucky, try writing a 5 :/ Plus the whole sudoku thing just isn't as clear as in Brain Age
- That picross thing is fun 'n all, but why is the gamefield so damn small? Room enough on the touch screen, why not use it for the love of god?
- Small extra thing about the picross games; everytime you write your little ingame pen stays on top of the puzzle, effectively hiding a large part of the puzzle...

Conclusion: Sudoku nearly implayable, Picross is doable but I'm still waiting for a better game...

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
- The number-recognition is pretty sucky, try writing a 5 :/ Plus the whole sudoku thing just isn't as clear as in Brain Age
I've had that same problem with Hudson's "Puzzle Series Vol.3: Sudoku"... do the Japanese write 5's in a different way or something?

If you select a square with the D-pad and buttons, though, it brings up a simple number selection menu, so you don't have to deal with the dodgy number recognition, but that also means you can't use the touch screen. Pain in the arse, it is. You can definitely tell this is a budget game.

dippyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

- That picross thing is fun 'n all, but why is the gamefield so damn small? Room enough on the touch screen, why not use it for the love of god?
- Small extra thing about the picross games; everytime you write your little ingame pen stays on top of the puzzle, effectively hiding a large part of the puzzle...

Conclusion: Sudoku nearly implayable, Picross is doable but I'm still waiting for a better game...

I found Picross to difficult to play with the stylus. If you use the DPAD and buttons it's much better. You can ever hide the pen (when you toggle between choosing a color or writing on the board)

In summary, Picross rocks, Sudoku sucks (this one does anyway...)

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't care for the picross on this game. I HATE the inclusion of the colors (I'm color blind). Even though it's japanese,
Puzzle Series Vol. 6: Illust Logic, is a much better Picross game. The game is totally playable without having to read japanese, but I wish it was available in english, to get the most out of it.

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I got given this cartridge for Christmas as my significant other knows I have a penchant for Sudoku; I had exactly the same problem with the number recognition, until I learnt that it seems to want to you draw the five as follows:

1) Draw the top horizontal bar of the '5' from left to right
2) From the left hand of the bar, draw the rest of the character

In other words, it has to be written in two segments - hardly intuitive, but it did save me from throwing the bloody thing out of the window.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: