DS #0434: New Super Mario Bros. (USA)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also you can't save on any level in SMW on SNES/SFC, but you can on the GBA version in case u guys need that clarified still. That should've been obvious.

I knew it! I was speaking to the original SNES version. I know you can save anywhere in Super Mario All Stars + World, and on the ridiculously easy GBA version with the annoying voiceovers, but the original SNES version I swear you had to beat a switch palace, ghost house or castle to get the save option. Fantastic, that clears THAT up.

So, has anyone BEATEN the game yet? How long is it taking to get through the different worlds?

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Plasma was here !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow what a megarelease !

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the game is great, a bit too easy, but a lot better than Super Princess Peach.

I'd also like to know how to get to the cannon, there seems to be one in each world, but there's no visible path you could unlock. Any ideas?

DDRFan2006

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zonaxbox360.com
XP
Country
United States

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I totally forgot about Super Mario Allstars + World, but sure it'd make sense if you can save anywhere on that one because of its front end menu.

Well I haven't tried the game on my SuperCard, pretty much done with that thing. But if anyone still needs help, I guess I'll go home and update the thing and copy this game onto a spare CF card and see if I can get it working. I'm very happy that the M3 worked with the game with very little problem at all.

Now, I wonder if someone will figure out how to trim and fast mode patch this game for M3 so it takes less space and time to load. That'd be pretty cool. It's nice to run it off the actual RAM inside the M3 though anyway, I mean that way you know you are getting 100% full speed. But the game has no FMV so far anyway and I doubt it will so it should work fine.

Oh yeah this game is a great deal better than super princess peach. I was extremely disappointed in that game and I am almost completely sure that a lot of girls would be outraged to think that this is the type of game that girls want to play. But then again, maybe it is geared for girls that are under 10 years old.

saittam1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
goddamit it not funny any more guys...april fools is over, BTW its not even April anymore. looks like im gonna have to wait until its officially released
cry.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now, I wonder if someone will figure out how to trim and fast mode patch this game for M3 so it takes less space and time to load.

Trimming on M3 works without a problem. Simply select "Trim ROM" when using the M3 Game Manager, the game runs and is almost 10 MB smaller (which also affects the load times).

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This WRG patched rom crashed twice on my EZF-Advance 256.
frown.gif

First time it was during the intro movie, the second was during 1-2 when I went into a pipe.

edit: Playing a third time, seems to be okay.

eXcalibur71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CHOOCH81 I have the same problem that you and the reason is not the way to use the manager or the firmware, it seems to be the DS Lite.
I have the DS Lite white and impossible to use Tetris, metroid and new mario (double white screen) with M3 CF and Passkey 2

Is there someone who success to use those games with a DS Lite and M3 with some other configuration (m3 sd mini, or something else M3 based) BUT with a Lite please ??????

thanks for answer
wink.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now, I wonder if someone will figure out how to trim and fast mode patch this game for M3 so it takes less space and time to load.

Trimming on M3 works without a problem. Simply select "Trim ROM" when using the M3 Game Manager, the game runs and is almost 10 MB smaller (which also affects the load times).

Thanks I'll have to try it when I get home, or some time. Right now my 1 gig card isn't half full so it's cool. I wonder if you can use a 4 gig CF in this thing.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P