DS #0226: Burnout Legends (E)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Dec 7, 2005.

Dec 7, 2005

DS #0226: Burnout Legends (E) by shaunj66 at 5:55 PM (1,927 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

ROM NumberÂ

Icon:Â

Full NameÂ

Burnout Legends

RegionÂ

Europe

LanguagesÂ

English, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Español

Release GroupÂ

Legacy

ROM SizeÂ

256Mbit

Save TypeÂ

Unknown

GenreÂ

Racing

FilenameÂ

lgc-blee.zip

View NFO
    Â

Click Here

2. GoodKupo

Member GoodKupo It Was Me!

United States
    This game sucks really,really badly.Do not buy this game, do not waste your time downloading or flashing this game. Just be lucky you didn't play the game already like me because you'll be wasting valuable. This game is so bad it makes me sick just knowing that such crappy developers work with DS.
    P.S It not from the same developers as the console game and the PSP game.The PSP owners should be thankful that they don't have such a crappy game among the PSP library.
    This is made by Visual Impact and the good Burnout games are from Criterion Games.Boycott EA!

3. Resident0

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Im glad i bought a PSP, the DS has produced nothing but piss poor games since PSP hit the scene.

I wish nintendo would do everyone a favour and give up trying, stick with making naffy gamecube games for twelve year olds to buy.

And if anyone says 'OMG BUT TEH RISIDENT EVUL 4!!!!!', that was a CAPCOM game.

4. GoodKupo

Member GoodKupo It Was Me!

United States
    ?

5. Resident0

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry, just pissed cuz i been waiting for this game for ages, and everytime a huge game comes along like Burnout Legends, EA or Nintendo get it and release a rush job port that makes the DS look bad.

I long for the NES days when the arcade conversions were spot on and if they weren't at least Nintendo made them FUN!

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    My 12 year old cousin doesn't like Paper Mario at all.

7. evolutioner

Member evolutioner GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    wow....nintendo hate club.

8. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Yeah, let's create two camps. A anti-Sony camp and a anti-Nintendo camp. Then we meet somewhere and beat the shit out of eachother. Sounds like fun,eh? Just like Final Fight or something. I want to be in the Nintendo camp by the way. Who's joining?
    The nicest thing is you don't need any WIFI for this type of game.

9. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Nice troll. Sadly, the twelve-year-old-trying-to-look-mature consumer market has been gobbled up by SONY.
    Enjoy your brick! [​IMG]

10. Eruonen

Member Eruonen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Personally I play Nintendo more, but I like sony too. This fanboy-crap is just stupid.

11. evolutioner

Member evolutioner GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    good idea berlinka....now..where i out those chainsaws....im wif nintendo..lol

12. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Could some one get this guy a DS......its obvious that you are a PSP fanboy who is upset that you bought the wrong system. Don't get mad at us just becase the DS has more HIT games that outnumber the entire PSP library. It's not OUR fault that Nintendo makes games that are actually worth your hard earned money. Don't blame US if Sony continues to pump out mediocre and reharshed games for their handheld.

Anyways, I thought Burnout DS was decent. Not the best, but a long way from being ATV Fury-ish terrible. [​IMG]

13. Wolverine

Newcomer Wolverine Member

United Kingdom
    And that sorta sounded like a DS fanboy just a tad more polite it all. I'm sorry but I just don't rate Nintendo highly at all these days and haven't done for the last 10 years. NES, SNES, Gameboy... all good stuff for their time. Just made me up a NES emulation disc for my otherwise hardly used Dreamcast and it feels good to play games from back when Nintendo were untouchable. Ever since I got an N64 my liking for Nintendo has dwindled. There was so many things that annoyed me about owning that console. The Gamecube had some good games but the majority of them didn't appeal to me at all and most of what did, ended up on PS2 anyway where despite maybe lacking a few polygons here and there felt better to me due to my preference of joypad. I did love having a GBA SP til it got stolen, but the DS just hasn't hooked me at all. I do not like using the touch screen for a start, and I far prefer having the big wide PSP screen to the two smaller DS screens. I do use my PSP for music and movies and find it far more convienent that I can now do all that with just one machine to carry in my backpack when I go places. I prefer the emulated games on PSP too since the screen doesn't have to scale down and mess up the graphics of a lot of classic titles that I play (most common low res being 320x200) . The actual PSP games themselves appeal to me more too, and I don't care if most of the best ones are portable incarnations of PS2 games. I enjoy those on my PS2 as well but don't get to be home to play most of the time these days so its nice to be able to play the likes of GTA, Burnout, X-Men Legends and the like on a portable machine, and damn nice they are too. If Capcom can get me Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper and SFIII ports I'd be damn happy too, and the idea of this PS1 emulator in development has me eager to play Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (which, as nice as the DS game is, is still the best in the series) on the move. Theres just not been much on the DS that captivates me but if Nintendo ever get back some of the magic of Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island I'd give it another shot (which is harder since it was my ex who had the DS and we don't really see each other that much now).

I'm writing too much. Just thought I'd try and make a clear opinion from someone who ain't a fanboy of any machine but just buys and uses whichever one has more to offer him personally and as such I have enjoyed my PSP and its easily one of my favorite consoles I've owned in over 22 years of playing video games on various formats. All this fanboy crap has been around ever since we've had competing systems (spectrum vs c64 still rages on it seems) and its just so damn dull.

Anyways I personally feel its very much the general opinion that Burnout on DS is a terrible conversion and if I owned a DS right now I would be feeling extremely annoyed with the developers. I'm sure the DS is capable of a decent version if perhaps not quite as good as the PSP game (I just feel the PSP's better suited to this kind of game). I respect that Nintendo likes to try new things but a lot of what they've done recently just ain't to my taste.

14. Eruonen

Member Eruonen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    amen.
    I agree with Wolverine, but I'm still not getting a PSP simply because it's very expensive (for me) and there are enough good NDS games to keep me happy.