teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn, I'd like to have this one for real, I'm glad already that the game is coming to Europe
smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some quotes from IGN's review:

Also, towns are not labeled if they aren't in the immediate vicinity, so traveling long distances can be confusing.
There is a run function, but using it drains a player's health even in town when there are no enemies present. This penalty is supposed to keep players from completely avoiding combat, but it also forces them to slog through environments at a grueling pace.
Virtue mode allows players to collect experience points through combat and is the only way to level-up your team.
The second way to enter battle is in combat mode, which is solely dedicated to collecting goods for sale at Gads Express. This is also the only way to make money.
If money were also rewarded at the end of a battle or if items were inexpensive, I wouldn't have a problem with this system. However the weapons, armor, and tools in Lunar are pricey and have a tendency to break. This puts Gads Express at the forefront of the game, and forces players to engage in an assortment of mindless fetch quests.
Because players cannot select their targets, battles have a very structured "tit for tat" feel. An "auto fight" option is available and after a few hours with Dragon Song gamers will find themselves using it regularly.
Yelling into the microphone causes a player to escape from a battle but this adds very little to the RPG experience.
Dragon Song features a bundle of original ideas, but fails to implement them in a fashion that stays entertaining throughout the course of the game.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'll try out this mediocre game until Castlevania DoS comes in the mail. (Pre-ordered).
smile.gif

Hopefully future RPG developers for the DS learn from this game's mistakes.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hey wes, didn't know you came here, or played DS heh

Was gonna pick this up but think I'll pass now after reading the above quotes.

DoS rocks but doesn't last that long at all...

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game really is trash. I kinda liked 'some' of the music...and the graphics (outside of battle) aren't half bad....but really...the gameplay is horendous. I want to know how this one got past the planning stages. Regardless...many people will buy this as Lunar fans...but I'm a Lunar fan and this title pisses me off.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
This game really is trash. I kinda liked 'some' of the music...and the graphics (outside of battle) aren't half bad....but really...the gameplay is horendous. I want to know how this one got past the planning stages. Regardless...many people will buy this as Lunar fans...but I'm a Lunar fan and this title pisses me off.

I wish they'd stay true to Lunar 2 battle... Or atleast make it similar to it... and all gameplay similar to lunar 2 too. too bad the developers seems to have grown bad at making games.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over