DS #0092: Lunar Genesis (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Aug 25, 2005.

Aug 25, 2005

DS #0092: Lunar Genesis (J) by shaunj66 at 6:27 PM (3,229 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

ROM NumberÂ

Icon:Â

Full NameÂ

Lunar Genesis

RegionÂ

Japan

LanguagesÂ

Japanese

Release GroupÂ

Trashman

ROM SizeÂ

256Mbit

Save TypeÂ

EEPROM TBC

GenreÂ

RPG

FilenameÂ

trm-lgj.zip

View NFO
    Â

Click Here

2. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Can't wait to play it!! [​IMG]

3. StingX

Member StingX Hates Technology

United States
    never played a lunar game

4. Sc4rFac3d

Netherlands
    The voice command bothers me though, I have to say it in Japanese lol. [​IMG]

5. sigfried

Member sigfried GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    at least a third episode for the best serie of rpg ever. too bas it arrives only now. I hope game arts or someone else will do new episodes in the future. On my way to play it now.

6. bryehn

Member bryehn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    shit yeah! been waiting for this [​IMG]

7. mekaxero

Member mekaxero I am the alpha, and the omega

United States
    thats the only part i might have trouble getting past, gonna start playing it soon, it looks great from the screens on the box and in the booklet tho.

8. Bryce

Member Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Two people at Gamefaqs have it and says it stinks. I hope it isn't that bad :\

9. mekaxero

United States
    well, so far, i have yet to make it out of town. i have talked to everyone, and tried to do anything i can think of, anf cannot find a way out. when i hit x, i get this dialogue of the main character talking, and 1 word is in blue, to bad i cannot read it.

Also, when u hold down B to run, about every 5 seconds or so, u lose 1 hp, so after running around for awhile, i started seeing these little sweat droplets coming off of the character, and when i reached 9hp, he did not run anymore, just walked, and the sweat kept coming of when i pressed b.

so, my first impression is bad, as i cannot even exit the town, and running makes u lose hp, which makes sense in rl, cuz if u keep running, sooner or later u will get tired, but in a game, it's kinda rediculous.

10. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States

LEARN JAPANESE OKAY

11. Jojjy Ugnick

Member Jojjy Ugnick shake your bonbon

Canada
    For a video game? Doesn't sound worth the effort.

12. mekaxero

United States
    First off, i would like to say thanx for the great input that is in no way related to the game, other than the fact that everyone knows its in japanese(and i love the CAPS by the way).

Let me tell you, i have played plenty of japanese games in my time, and i know the basics to get me through mostly all of them(fight, items, save, magic, skill, jutsu), or at least get me part of the way through, and if i get stuck, i find a walkthrough for the part, then continue on my own, and i have been able to beat plenty of japanese games. but not being able to leave the first town is a little difficult i would say.

and japanese is on my list of languages to learn, i know a good deal of spanish, and am in the process of learning polish from a friend at work, now maybe, if i can find someone who knows japanese i could learn it, as i have a few books, and i can identify the hiragana and the katakana, but i cannot translate the romanji into english, as i have been going by books and online

on topic:
    that was only part of my reason y it was bad, i know in a few days, i will be able to figure it out, whether it be on my own, or by the help of a walkthrough/forum somewhere. the other part of it being bad is the fact that it seems i have to walk through most of the game, as when i run, i lose life.

oh well, at least i am not stuck walking as slow as in some of those phantasy star games.

ok, second impression:

I found out how to leave the town! that helps a bit, also found out how to get to the first area where enemies are and i fought a battle. the battles are not very much to my liking. i fought 2 slimes and a bee, the bee was on the top screen, and i could not fight him until i killed the 2 slimes first. these 3 icons appear on screen to choose from, 1 for attack, 1 for item, and 1 for spell. so i chose the attack for both characters, but i could not find out how to target an enemy, so they just attacked the 2 slimes randomly, unless i missed something, but i could not find out how to target them. when you fight, the camera moves around a bit, and it shows that the characters are kinda 3d on a 2d plane, and it just looks like they stand out too much when this happens.

13. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    I have to look up when euro releasedate is... I think this game has worst gamedesign so far of all Lunar games. While Lunar 2 has by far the definatly best gamedesign... I mean, the GFX in this new game looks like crap compared to ye old Eternal Blue.

14. Sc4rFac3d

Netherlands
    It arrived!! [​IMG]

I kinda like it, my neighboor is Japanese and told me some things. ^^

15. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    zeke? so zis game any good? teh only lunar game iv playd was lunar ledgend which got boring very fast

16. Karzon

Newcomer Karzon Member

United States
    Yuck. It was obnoxious enough in the remake of Lunar 2 where you had to press a button every few seconds to run (and then would have to walk again for several more) - I actually had to find a code to fix that to be able to stand it. The original Lunar/Lunar 2 are still among my favorite RPGs ever, but it seemed all of the remakes did plenty of things I hated (and a few I loved). I was hoping by the time they made a new game in the series they would have learned more.

17. Jojjy Ugnick

Member Jojjy Ugnick shake your bonbon

Canada
    Average RPG ahoy with bad battle graphics and boring gameplay!

18. Sc4rFac3d

Netherlands
    Well the running thing is shitty, and the town mode is not good either, since you have to choose in what building you go.. [​IMG] I'm stuck and trying to find out what todo..