DS #0005: Ridge Racer (U)

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you are an uninformed attention whore

WTF? I'm not even going to dignify that crap with a proper response. Just grow the hell up and learn how to use grammar.
you come here, start pointless discussions by saying that Ridge Racer and R: Racing aren't the same series (which is like saying that Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine aren't one series), just to tell us you don't care about this game and the DS in the end...

the boxart says "Ridge Racer", the title says "Ridge Racer", the rom name says "Ridge Racer"...so why are you even asking if this is a R: Racing game?

You're an idiot. Have you even played the damn games? Ridge Racer is an arcade racer, R: Racing is a sim. They're 2 different racing games, it doesn't matter that they're made by the same developer. It wasn't called Ridge Racer because it's not part of that series because it's too different to be classed as one.

And maybe if you used your eyes and read my original post, the boxart features a character from R: Racing which is why I asked.

Pfft. Why do I care? You're opinion is worthless. You don't even know what you're talking about. Have fun trolling someone else, ass clown.

And ShadowXP, you shouldn't talk. Piktor is how I CHOOSE to spell picture. Spelling, while related to grammar, isn't included in the definition(which is why people will refer to spelling and grammar seperately).

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you are an uninformed attention whore

WTF? I'm not even going to dignify that crap with a proper response. Just grow the hell up and learn how to use grammar.

you come here, start pointless discussions by saying that Ridge Racer and R: Racing aren't the same series (which is like saying that Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine aren't one series), just to tell us you don't care about this game and the DS in the end...

the boxart says "Ridge Racer", the title says "Ridge Racer", the rom name says "Ridge Racer"...so why are you even asking if this is a R: Racing game?

You're an idiot. Have you even played the damn games? Ridge Racer is an arcade racer, R: Racing is a sim. They're 2 different racing games, it doesn't matter that they're made by the same developer. It wasn't called Ridge Racer because it's not part of that series because it's too different to be classed as one.

And maybe if you used your eyes and read my original post, the boxart features a character from R: Racing which is why I asked.

Pfft. Why do I care? You're opinion is worthless. You don't even know what you're talking about. Have fun trolling someone else, ass clown.

And ShadowXP, you shouldn't talk. Piktor is how I CHOOSE to spell picture. Spelling, while related to grammar, isn't included in the definition(which is why people will refer to spelling and grammar seperately).
Bit of a bitch are we? The box says Ridge Racer DS, it's Ridge Racer DS. Oh, and you chose wrong on spelling.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Thank you guys for arguing...
now if I see another post that is NOT related to the topic, I will trash it without warning
smile.gif

did you all get that?

edit: please don't make me close the topic
frown.gif

ok here's something exciting: tomorrow 2 new DS roms will be released
yaynds.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a copy of this game.
Its a good challange at first, but the collision engine is just so terrible >.<
once you get to the harder areas you start to notice how much the openents like to make fun of you. Ive often been hit from behind during a turn and the opposing car just runs right through me, and my speed goes down the drain and evaporated before I even get a chance to notice what happend.
Just a crash, sudden stop, and my oppenent hitting the finish line and taking my first place >.<

The Nintendo cars arent all that special, mushroom kingdom two song is not good for racing (why not a mario cart song?), and the unlockable cars outside of the Car Attack are too hard to unlock.
I simply cant get my friends to play the darn game for more than 3 races at most O-o, and Im suppoed to play like 20 or so races? I do hope the game gets tunneld then I could play some fair races for once.

The n64 version was so much better. I dont know why they didnt make a large menu with all the extra features that made the n64 one so great.
And why the heck they went with that crappy collision engine, I mean the n64 one had three differnt ridge racer engine types, and this seems to not even be one of those.

Still though, if you can play with real poeple, its a good decent racing game with some nice music. Otherwise its just a big slap in the face in the end.
You better be a hardcore Ridge Racer fan to play this and finish it 100%

I wanna get rid of my copy, Im so tired of it, but I cant get much cash for it, maybe I'll try ebay >.>

Anyway, the rom should be interesting on an Emulator like any other NDS game
tongue.gif

Glad to see the game dumping is doing well :3
I hope one of the emulators will have a WiFi support to play a game with a real NDS, that way I can try the multiplayer for once
tongue.gif

Hopefully tunneling will come first.

Oh and the girl isnt that bad, too bad she doesnt move around and get angry at you when you poke her like in Feel the Magic xy/xx XD

psxer2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the .nfo:

QUOTE said:
For legal issues, if you are affiliated with any government, anti-piracy group, IDSA group, former workers of, or any other related groups or organizations, you will not use this file. If you use this file in any way, you disagree to these terms violate code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995. This means you cannot persecute the ISP(s), any person(s), or company that is storing this file. You cannot persecute family, friends, individual(s) who runs or maintains the website, visitors, or anyone affiliated with the website.

I can't believe people are still using this garbage in conjunction with warez. There is NO Internet Privacy Act. The whole thing is a scam. Why would the US government voluntarily make it more difficult to enforce copyright laws with such a blatant loophole? Read this page on Snopes.com for more info: http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I love arguments, I am making a post.

Namco has said specifically that R: Racing Simulation is not part of the Ridge Racer series and they wish people would stop saying that it is so they don't have to keep putting hits out on their families.

Okay, so they only said the first part of that sentence, but you never know.

elifecyber

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you guys for arguing...
now if I see another post that is NOT related to the topic, I will trash it without warning
smile.gif

did you all get that?

edit: please don't make me close the topic
frown.gif

ok here's something exciting: tomorrow 2 new DS roms will be releasedÂ
yaynds.gif

If I'm not mistaking that's today... Hope they get here soon, got pretty bored with these 2 romz..
yaynds.gif

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
So curious bout the 2 new roms was out all day came in and checked first thing what was out alas nothing......any news?

Mar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
little review of Rrds

totally agree with you, collision engine sucks, and it gets more anoying at the end of the game.

i'm a die hard rr fan and i didn't even finish the game cause it irritated me so much.

i sold it for like 30 euros along with wario and together with some money i saved i bought myself a psp with rr psp, and it kick fucking ass, collision engine rules, lot's of cars, all tracks from previous ridge racers, alot of classic musix and alot of new ones, as well as the remixes.

it looks sweet sounds sweet and plays sweet. i'm now doing the rock hard races at the end of the game, and they are hard, but no frustrating as the ds version was.

the ds version had ccrappy controls too, when you steer, it keeps steering more and more depending on how long you hold the button.
steering with the stylus is crappy cause it's too slow and unprecise to be able to react quick enough. the little steering wheel in the bottom screen diverted my attention from the game and bugged the crap out of me.

rrds must die!

and to say something nice:
The mushroom kingdom song was a fun suprise

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
thanx for the heads up youve put me out of my misery cant say im overjoyed by the release of mr driller but its all progress at this stage and as soon as enuff roms are released im in the market for a neoflash or any other nds rom playing kit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse