1. Ranma

Ranma GBAtemp Regular

You're an idiot. Have you even played the damn games? Ridge Racer is an arcade racer, R: Racing is a sim. They're 2 different racing games, it doesn't matter that they're made by the same developer. It wasn't called Ridge Racer because it's not part of that series because it's too different to be classed as one.

And maybe if you used your eyes and read my original post, the boxart features a character from R: Racing which is why I asked.

Pfft. Why do I care? You're opinion is worthless. You don't even know what you're talking about. Have fun trolling someone else, ass clown.

And ShadowXP, you shouldn't talk. Piktor is how I CHOOSE to spell picture. Spelling, while related to grammar, isn't included in the definition(which is why people will refer to spelling and grammar seperately).

2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Bit of a bitch are we? The box says Ridge Racer DS, it's Ridge Racer DS. Oh, and you chose wrong on spelling.

3. Costello

OP Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

Thank you guys for arguing...
    now if I see another post that is NOT related to the topic, I will trash it without warning [​IMG]

did you all get that?

edit: please don't make me close the topic [​IMG]
    ok here's something exciting: tomorrow 2 new DS roms will be released [​IMG]

4. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    I own a copy of this game.
    Its a good challange at first, but the collision engine is just so terrible >.<
    once you get to the harder areas you start to notice how much the openents like to make fun of you. Ive often been hit from behind during a turn and the opposing car just runs right through me, and my speed goes down the drain and evaporated before I even get a chance to notice what happend.
    Just a crash, sudden stop, and my oppenent hitting the finish line and taking my first place >.<

The Nintendo cars arent all that special, mushroom kingdom two song is not good for racing (why not a mario cart song?), and the unlockable cars outside of the Car Attack are too hard to unlock.
    I simply cant get my friends to play the darn game for more than 3 races at most O-o, and Im suppoed to play like 20 or so races? I do hope the game gets tunneld then I could play some fair races for once.

The n64 version was so much better. I dont know why they didnt make a large menu with all the extra features that made the n64 one so great.
    And why the heck they went with that crappy collision engine, I mean the n64 one had three differnt ridge racer engine types, and this seems to not even be one of those.

Still though, if you can play with real poeple, its a good decent racing game with some nice music. Otherwise its just a big slap in the face in the end.
    You better be a hardcore Ridge Racer fan to play this and finish it 100%

I wanna get rid of my copy, Im so tired of it, but I cant get much cash for it, maybe I'll try ebay >.>

Anyway, the rom should be interesting on an Emulator like any other NDS game [​IMG]

Glad to see the game dumping is doing well :3
    I hope one of the emulators will have a WiFi support to play a game with a real NDS, that way I can try the multiplayer for once [​IMG]
    Hopefully tunneling will come first.

Oh and the girl isnt that bad, too bad she doesnt move around and get angry at you when you poke her like in Feel the Magic xy/xx XD

5. psxer2600

psxer2600 Advanced Member

United States
    From the .nfo:

I can't believe people are still using this garbage in conjunction with warez. There is NO Internet Privacy Act. The whole thing is a scam. Why would the US government voluntarily make it more difficult to enforce copyright laws with such a blatant loophole? Read this page on Snopes.com for more info: http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

6. penance

penance Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Because I love arguments, I am making a post.

Namco has said specifically that R: Racing Simulation is not part of the Ridge Racer series and they wish people would stop saying that it is so they don't have to keep putting hits out on their families.

Okay, so they only said the first part of that sentence, but you never know.

7. xflash

xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    huh? i just got this today even thught the one i have is the E version

8. elifecyber

elifecyber GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    If I'm not mistaking that's today... Hope they get here soon, got pretty bored with these 2 romz.. [​IMG]

9. herbinator

herbinator GBAtemp Regular

So curious bout the 2 new roms was out all day came in and checked first thing what was out alas nothing......any news?

10. Mar

Mar GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands

totally agree with you, collision engine sucks, and it gets more anoying at the end of the game.

i'm a die hard rr fan and i didn't even finish the game cause it irritated me so much.

i sold it for like 30 euros along with wario and together with some money i saved i bought myself a psp with rr psp, and it kick fucking ass, collision engine rules, lot's of cars, all tracks from previous ridge racers, alot of classic musix and alot of new ones, as well as the remixes.

it looks sweet sounds sweet and plays sweet. i'm now doing the rock hard races at the end of the game, and they are hard, but no frustrating as the ds version was.

the ds version had ccrappy controls too, when you steer, it keeps steering more and more depending on how long you hold the button.
    steering with the stylus is crappy cause it's too slow and unprecise to be able to react quick enough. the little steering wheel in the bottom screen diverted my attention from the game and bugged the crap out of me.

rrds must die!

and to say something nice:
    The mushroom kingdom song was a fun suprise

11. Costello

OP Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

actually yes... we (unofficially) know the name of the next release: Mr driller...
    it should have been released today, maybe it will be in the evening...

12. herbinator

herbinator GBAtemp Regular

thanx for the heads up youve put me out of my misery cant say im overjoyed by the release of mr driller but its all progress at this stage and as soon as enuff roms are released im in the market for a neoflash or any other nds rom playing kit

13. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    w00t retro!
    Why no 001?

14. pitoui

pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Tried to trade this in at EB the other week. They said they'd give me $2 for it. LOL

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - #0005, Ridge, Racer