GenreÂ

Racing

FilenameÂ

gst-rr.zip

View NFO
Â

Click here

Information:

And here comes the fifth commercial ROM dump by GST!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
just updated the boxart, it looks much nicer now
smile.gif
thanks djgarf for the hi res boxart

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know I'm not supposed to be asking, but do you provide a link to download roms on this place??
I'm just taking a guess here but I take it you are one of those people who say the wrong things at the wrong time...

Anyhoo I'm glad to see some actual progress in rom dumping and that NeoFlash can actually give people a reason to buy their product. Personally though I'm just buying a PassMe and waiting for some more progress in hardware. After all, I guess things can only get better for DS.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So is this supposed to be R: Racing, or Ridge Racer?

It has a piktor of a girl from R: Racing on the box, but it says Ridge Racer, so I'm conflicted. I hate Ridge with a passion, but I love R: ...

Portable R: would give me a reason to buy a DS, while portable Ridge will make me care just as little as I did before.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It has a piktor of a girl from R: Racing on the box, but it says Ridge Racer, so I'm conflicted. I hate Ridge with a passion, but I love R: ...

Portable R: would give me a reason to buy a DS, while portable Ridge will make me care just as little as I did before.
ridge racer and R: racing are the same game (same developer and all)

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ridge racer and R: racing are the same game (same developer and all)

No. They really aren't. The R: Racing engine is almost completely different to the Ridge Racer engine. Ridge is more arcadey, while R: leans heavily towards simulation. What does this mean to the average gamer? In R: Racing, braking and stuff really matter(so much so that brake/accelerate were mapped to the GCN shoulder buttons, for fine control), and if you happen to bump into an AI car, it won't shoot forward 15 metres while you stop dead in your tracks.

I could go on and on about the differences, but at the end of the day, I'm the only person in the world who likes R: Racing, even though the Ridge Racer games suck and R: fixed all the problems I have with them.

I found out that this is essentially a port of the N64 Ridge Racer? Bleh...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you are an uninformed attention whore

WTF? I'm not even going to dignify that crap with a proper response. Just grow the hell up and learn how to use grammar.
you come here, start pointless discussions by saying that Ridge Racer and R: Racing aren't the same series (which is like saying that Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine aren't one series), just to tell us you don't care about this game and the DS in the end...

the boxart says "Ridge Racer", the title says "Ridge Racer", the rom name says "Ridge Racer"...so why are you even asking if this is a R: Racing game?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you are an uninformed attention whore

WTF? I'm not even going to dignify that crap with a proper response. Just grow the hell up and learn how to use grammar.
you come here, start pointless discussions by saying that Ridge Racer and R: Racing aren't the same series (which is like saying that Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine aren't one series), just to tell us you don't care about this game and the DS in the end...

the boxart says "Ridge Racer", the title says "Ridge Racer", the rom name says "Ridge Racer"...so why are you even asking if this is a R: Racing game?

He also said learn how to use proper grammar. Then what the hell is a piktor?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woohoo, another DS dump. Shame I bought NFSU2 already yesterday!
laugh.gif
Oh well, let's see how this stacks against it. I believe it's not nearly as good as NFSU2.
smile.gif

Did want to try out the touch screen controls though...
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh