Hardware Dropped Wii while playing a game...

platypusrme427

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was playing my wii when someone yanked on the controller and the thing flew onto the ground. Now whatever game I try running the thing just makes an irritating noise. I am going to open it later, but do you guys think it is done for?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Send it to Nintendo of America for replacement/repair...and also, don't tell them it was your fault it started acting weird
wink.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
That is bad luck dude, Osaka dropped it too, but her is still working.
And it it's modded, say: "kthxbai guarantee".

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf, someone yanked on the controller? but it's wireless
huh.gif

which reminds me of the time i almost knocked my wii down, all i was doing was trying to push the power button, damn it's so light.

edit: oops my bad, you were playing brawl, gamecube controller compatible.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
You know that the console itself doesn't have motion sensing right?
blink.gif

The noise is really that bad!? Well.. if you know how to, than just opening and see it's not just something out of place.. it was already opened once for modding, opening it again won't get the warranty more voided!
tongue.gif

If there's really something broken.. then send it to Nintendo..

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest opening it up. If you can't fix it, maybe buy a new drive and see if that fixes it? You'd need a new drive to send it to Nintendo anyways.

But, hey, if your friends are buying you a new Wii, go with that!

platypusrme427

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG
biggrin.gif
Itz ALLIIIIIIVVVEEE!!!!! One of the soldered wires broke off......... So I ripped them all off with my manly strength and it runs normal games. I just need to wait for my brother's friend to bring over his soldering station! Who knew one wire could make the wii scream so loud!?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OMG
biggrin.gif
 Itz ALLIIIIIIVVVEEE!!!!! One of the soldered wires broke off......... So I ripped them all off with my manly strength and it runs normal games. I just need to wait for my brother's friend to bring over his soldering station! Who knew one wire could make the wii scream so loud!?
I hope that in doing that you haven't destroyed the soldering pads on the DVD drive
unsure.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG
biggrin.gif

I hope that in doing that you haven't destroyed the soldering pads on the DVD drive
unsure.gif

Oh you don't need those.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG
biggrin.gif

I thought soldered joints were supposed to last forever. I guess that must be some pretty manly strength.

TruePurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem except more severe. I suppose I probably won't get a answer different then the other person got, but I figure its worth a shot.

I was going to play with my mom, I gave her a gamecube controller since its easier to use. She walks off into the kitchen for something and takes the controller with her, dragging the wii off the coffee table, into the floor with a thunk.

Now it makes a noise when you initialize it if there's a disk in there, a kind of thunking noise I am told it makes when having trouble with detecting disks. And it doesn't detect disks placed in it now.

I got this wii for last chrismas, (well a month latter, it took awhile for us to do the present thing) and now its already broken.
frown.gif
Yes it was used, but still...

Just open it up and see if theres anything to see? What should I look for?

Where are all the screws I need to find to open it up/how many are there? What do I look for in a screwdriver that will fit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1