Hacking Dropped my DS Lite, cracked the LCD! I have bad luck

79TAKid

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
45
Trophies
0
XP
206
Country
United States
Last week I ran over my laptop and had to order an LCD for that, now this morning I was hurrying to get my stuff in the car to goto school and accidently dropped my DS onto my gravel driveway. Ive dropped it out there before, but this time it landed flat upside down. I'm at school now and turned it on on my break, and at the bottom of the top screen theres a black circle, and cracks coming out of it. Its still playable but i'd like to know where I can buy a new LCD from?

I used to have a fat DS and it lasted forever, never broke until I took it apart. I guess I blew up the board on it bc the fuses were good, but that was a whole nother thread.

THanks
 

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
2,272
Trophies
0
Age
36
XP
194
Country
Wow...it just best to get another DSLite; before you do that ask Nintendo how much does it cost to fix it. If the repairs are over 40 bucks plus shipping then just get another one.
 

thieves like us

chaos personified
Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
1,056
Trophies
0
Age
59
Location
left of the pond
Website
Visit site
XP
415
Country
United States
you can pick up replacement LCD displays for the DS lite from dealextreme.com for about 10-11usd apiece (or a set for 19usd)

upper display:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26585

lower display:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26582

upper and lower display set:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27184


when you replace the upper display, you'll need soldering skills to desolder the speakers from your original display and move them to the new one. if you feel uncomfortable performing this repair, shoot me a pm and we can work something out.
 

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
1,776
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
153
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Wow...it just best to get another DSLite; before you do that ask Nintendo how much does it cost to fix it. If the repairs are over 40 bucks plus shipping then just get another one.
Why should he just buy a new one? Repairs are definitely going to be the cheaper option. I don't understand your logic.
 

79TAKid

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
45
Trophies
0
XP
206
Country
United States
thieves like us said:
you can pick up replacement LCD displays for the DS lite from dealextreme.com for about 10-11usd apiece (or a set for 19usd)

upper display:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26585

lower display:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26582

upper and lower display set:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27184


when you replace the upper display, you'll need soldering skills to desolder the speakers from your original display and move them to the new one. if you feel uncomfortable performing this repair, shoot me a pm and we can work something out.


Thanks for the info! I work at a repair center so if Im not capable of doing it, there are people there that do soldering and repairing boards all day, so they can probably do it.
 

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
2,546
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Florida
XP
608
Country
United States
Yeah,repair is way cheaper then a new one. But newer is always the better option.
smileipb2.png
 

79TAKid

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
45
Trophies
0
XP
206
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah,repair is way cheaper then a new one. But newer is always the better option.
smileipb2.png


I would like to go buy a new one, but since im in college money is short! After being so stupid and running over my laptop last week, and now this, I dont have much more money to spend. The LCD for my laptop was about $90 for a 15.4"
blink.gif
 

BlackDave

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
913
Trophies
0
Age
33
XP
156
Country
United States
79TAKid said:
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah,repair is way cheaper then a new one. But newer is always the better option.
smileipb2.png


I would like to go buy a new one, but since im in college money is short! After being so stupid and running over my laptop last week, and now this, I dont have much more money to spend. The LCD for my laptop was about $90 for a 15.4"
blink.gif

What do you mean by ran over your laptop?

Anyway I have a laptop and a backpack for it (it's padded all around except the sides) I dropped my bag on the floor one day and when i took out my laptop my hinge was cracked (heheh funny it's like my ds lite) So i had to pay $53 to get back and front part of my laptop screen case and replace it myself
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thanks for clearing that up I was confused +1