Hacking Drive won't spin up

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing my wiikey, i was so excited that it finally came in. i screwed up on a pad or two, then the drive wouldnt spin up. nothing is bridged, but its just a pad or two has nothing there. any ideas?

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you could provide some picture of your installation, that might give people some idea what causes it.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it sounds dumb but make sure you plugged in the wires back to the drive. I've had it happen to me and I've done plenty of consoles. Tripple check your plugs and wires.

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, ribbon is good, white cable cool, everything seems fine. i don't have a good cam right now, and it looks gly but nothing is bridged.

bliss-chris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry to double, but please, anybody?

Hmmm, the only idea I'd have is to check whether the drive's installed back properly and not tilted and blocked due to chosing a bad place for the chip. I was even wondering when installing my Chiiip whether there's enough space for the cables and if they wouldn't press against the drive. And your cables don't block some mechanical parts of the drive? That's what I'd double check, and that's about all I can think of (in case your soldering didn't screw something up, but you already said you checked that).

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k. it was quicksolder. I'm thinking about desoldering the wiikey and returning it to toys r' us. i bought it november 21st last year, think i should?

aross6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it still play originals??? If so, you wii is not screwed... you just screwed up on the install. If not, return the puppy and hopefully you can find a new one in the near future!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I want this floormat!