Hacking drive not working

bigthumbtoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed my new wiikey and the wii loads up fine, but during the teardown process the brown bit to the bigger ribbon snapped off. Now the ribbon doesnt stay put. also when i powered it on and tryd putting a disc in, the disc wasnt sucked it like its susposed to but instead i had to push it in. now my disc in stuck
frown.gif
. what really bugs me is the disc doesnt even spin. is all of this due to that ribbon?

anthony99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh it sounds like it! ....i dont know how you would get round the problem though!

somebody will put you straight

i nearly fecked that connector up 2 i snapped one edge off it but it still clamps down "just" i was sweating as a rapist putting that thing back together i tell you!

wii_ownz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try to crazy glue it down, if it doesn't then I would say you really f*** up your wii.

can anyone imagine that the biggest risk for a mod like this is something other than the modchip install?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how can you break off that brown piece of the connector? you only have to lift it a tiny bit and you can take the cable out already, then click it back into place and get to the soldering
tongue.gif

bigthumbtoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when i took the ribbon off the brown piece just kinda fell off and wont go back together lol.can i really use glue to hold it back together? if so where at and do i even need the brown piece to hold it then?

bigthumbtoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tryd glueing the ribbon back on but i think there might be something wrong with the ribbon end itself
frown.gif
. would gettign a new ribbon fix my problem? does anybody know what ribbon i would need

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
experiment getting the end in FLAT and all th e way against the board

hold it down with your hand and see if you can get a game to load

once you know it will work, try HOT GLUEING it

not super glue

if you mess up w hot glue you can reheat it and remove it, not the same w super glue

Killian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really much help for you know but for anyone else who’s reading.

To save yourself the risk, just keep the ribbon connected.

That’s what I did, just folded the top over so that they were side by side and worked my magic!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls