Drive not spinning

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pelle242, Apr 21, 2008.

Apr 21, 2008

Drive not spinning by pelle242 at 12:23 PM (1,189 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. pelle242
    OP

Newcomer pelle242 Newbie

Aruba
    A friend killed his D2C drive trying to install a chip. We decided to get a new drive of ebay and got a D2B no legs cut thinking it would be an easy install. However it does not spin discs at all. Insert and eject works fine. I also checked the metal guards that can get bent from trying to insert a disc while a disc is in there
    and I think they are fine. Fuses (is there more than two?) also measures fine.

Any ideas or is it a write off?

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    had this happen to me on one of my launch consoles. It's the motor that spins the disk. Dunno if you can replace it, but yeah, that's the problem.

3. PigVenus

Member PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

Sri Lanka
    So they (eBay seller) sent you a defective drive? You should see if they will replace it. If not make them famous on GBATemp so that we all may come to know this person (and avoid them like the black plague!)

4. pelle242
    OP

Newcomer pelle242 Newbie

Aruba
    I am talking to the seller and he has offered to return the drive. However, sendig it there and geting it back will be a couple of weeks so I figured I´d see if anyone had any tips for a quick fix to try. No reason to start a witchhunt at this time.