Drive no longer recognised??

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Xras, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

Drive no longer recognised?? by Xras at 10:43 AM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Xras
    OP

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hi,

I've searhed the forum, but haven't seen anything like what i'm experiencing right now.
    Up until yesterday, my USB drive has been playing all games it has on it.
    Today, when my kids wanted to play a game, they booted up the USB-loader and it hung at "getting game list" (CoverFloader) or "initialising drive" for USB-loader CFG [​IMG] .

At first i thought my HDD crashed or something, but WBFS manager on my PC still sees the drive and is able to add/delete/transfer games.
    Nothing has changed on my Wii since yesterday (or even for a week).

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? And if so, what was used to resolve it?
    Right now i've just turned everything off, and will try again in 30 minutes or so, in case of overheating the powersupply or whatever.

I don't think my specs will be important for this one, but here goes:
    Wii 4.1E, Cios rev14, USB-Loader CFG, CoverFloader, Cioscorp 3.3, BootMii as boot2, Preloader .29 all installed

Thanks for any help/suggestions

X

EDIT: After some experimenting with WBFS manager (adding game, extracting game), my drive seems to be up again. If anyone else experiences such a problem, just add a game through WBFS manager, then extract a game or 2, then reattach HDD to Wii. This worked for me.

Uhm.. Can a mod plz either remove or close this topic? Thanks

2. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    thats a weird problem. any idea on what caused it?

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    One of the game might have been corrupted thus not letting the usb loaders to get the game list and get confused.

4. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    You do know that only one of the USB ports is supported by the newer cIOSes, right? You must use the port nearest the outside edge of the Wii every time. You probably just used the wrong port when it wasn't working.

5. Xras
    OP

Netherlands
    Problem was probably caused by overheating, is what i'm thinking.

All games are still ok (always have been) and the right port was used at all times.
    Ever since this "shutdown" though, all games stop working after a while, so i'm guessing my casing must've overheated or something and is now very sensitive to more heat.. [​IMG]

6. goko99

Newcomer goko99 Newbie

United Kingdom
    NeoGamma and GX Loader did not recognise my drive. During the 30sec countdown to look for drive I unplugged the usb and plugged it back in and Neo mounted the drive. However GX did not recognise the drive and asked if I wanted to format even though I had just used it with Neo. Not sure what version of GX I am running but not too bothered as Neo works

7. Xras
    OP

Netherlands
    Is this about the same thing I encountered? Did it work before it failed?

If not, I'd suggest getting the latest cIOS rev (14) and the latest loaders just to be safe.

If it is, have you tried my method of solving the problem? (through WBFS manager on PC)