dremel problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djkeem, Aug 5, 2007.

Aug 5, 2007

dremel problem by djkeem at 5:45 AM (867 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. djkeem
    OP

Newcomer djkeem Newbie

United States
    i recently bought a wii and it has cut legs so i tried to dremel the chip but i grinded it down so much that the traces dissapeared. so i was wonderin if i can grind down the chip close to the center to see if the traces reappear.
    What do you guys suggest?

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would suggest sending it to someone that has done a few of these before to see if it can be done and to do it right. It doesn't sound like it would be a wise move to continue yourself. No offense, but a whole lot of people have messed up their Wiis really bad because they kept thinking they could do it when they couldn't and don't go to a repair person until it's too late.

3. djkeem
    OP

Newcomer djkeem Newbie

United States
    thanks for the quick reply but do you know any websites that do repairs if theres any

4. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ModAWii.com ... Chuck posted some pics from his site earlier in another thread, and he's repair some really messed up stuff.

5. sanchoquo

Newcomer sanchoquo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    yes you can dremel further and expose more of the pins, but i dont suggest you to try it, you could seriously f*ck up your wii.
    i'm not using the dremel method myself anymore, i just solder to the exposed nubs, its perfectly possible, done 10 of these cut wii's and all working fine.