dremel problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djkeem, Aug 5, 2007.

1. djkeem
    OP

djkeem Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    i recently bought a wii and it has cut legs so i tried to dremel the chip but i grinded it down so much that the traces dissapeared. so i was wonderin if i can grind down the chip close to the center to see if the traces reappear.
    What do you guys suggest?

2. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    I would suggest sending it to someone that has done a few of these before to see if it can be done and to do it right. It doesn't sound like it would be a wise move to continue yourself. No offense, but a whole lot of people have messed up their Wiis really bad because they kept thinking they could do it when they couldn't and don't go to a repair person until it's too late.

3. djkeem
    OP

djkeem Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    thanks for the quick reply but do you know any websites that do repairs if theres any

4. nloding

nloding GBAtemp Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    United States
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    ModAWii.com ... Chuck posted some pics from his site earlier in another thread, and he's repair some really messed up stuff.

5. sanchoquo

sanchoquo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2007
  6. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    yes you can dremel further and expose more of the pins, but i dont suggest you to try it, you could seriously f*ck up your wii.
    i'm not using the dremel method myself anymore, i just solder to the exposed nubs, its perfectly possible, done 10 of these cut wii's and all working fine.