Dreamcast Vs PS2 - MGS Emulation

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by TrolleyDave, Jun 12, 2008.

1. TrolleyDave
    OP

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I saw this on another site and thought it was pretty cool, figured some others here might like it as well. Is a comparison of Metal Gear Solid running on the PS2 in native emulation and the Dreamcast running it under Bleemcast!. Personally I think the DC version looks better, although the text is definitely much clearer on the PS2.

2. Skyler

Skyler Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2008
    The Dreamcast is an amazing machine.

Am I right in assuming the left-side is the DC?
    If so, looks perfectly playable, just looks slightly blurred compared to the right-hand-side.

3. TrolleyDave
    OP

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    You are correct. I think the blurry look helps it a little, well apart from the text obviously. I'm also impressed that the DC can keep a steady framerate and the PS2 has some major frame skipping in some areas.

I was always a fan of the DC, it's just a shame SEGA screwed up so badly that most 3rd party developers dropped them. That and all the Sony fanboys who kept saying "I'm not buying a new console til the PS2 comes out cos it'll be the best console ever". There's a few more vids on YouTube comparing the PS2 and DC, but that was the only emulation vid I could find. There's an awesome DOA2 comparison that I might post up though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice