Dreamcast Vs PS2 - MGS Emulation

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by TrolleyDave, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I saw this on another site and thought it was pretty cool, figured some others here might like it as well. Is a comparison of Metal Gear Solid running on the PS2 in native emulation and the Dreamcast running it under Bleemcast!. Personally I think the DC version looks better, although the text is definitely much clearer on the PS2.

2. Skyler

Newcomer Skyler Member

United Kingdom
    The Dreamcast is an amazing machine.

Am I right in assuming the left-side is the DC?
    If so, looks perfectly playable, just looks slightly blurred compared to the right-hand-side.

3. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    You are correct. I think the blurry look helps it a little, well apart from the text obviously. I'm also impressed that the DC can keep a steady framerate and the PS2 has some major frame skipping in some areas.

I was always a fan of the DC, it's just a shame SEGA screwed up so badly that most 3rd party developers dropped them. That and all the Sony fanboys who kept saying "I'm not buying a new console til the PS2 comes out cos it'll be the best console ever". There's a few more vids on YouTube comparing the PS2 and DC, but that was the only emulation vid I could find. There's an awesome DOA2 comparison that I might post up though.