Gaming Dreamcast titles on 3DS in the future?

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering... after seeing Rayman 2 (Dreamcast game) beeing ported to 3DS, does that mean that we will bee seeing some other games beeing ported to 3DS, like: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2,Shenmue, jet grind radio, Ecco, DoA 2, Crazy Taxy and so........

ps: I would love to see Sonic games on 3DS
biggrin.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would be really nice to see some DC games on 3DS, even though I much rather see some original titles, since there is already some remakes/ports announced for the system and I hope it`s not a trend.

Shenmue I&II port would be amazing, but I say that regardless of which system it gets released on
tongue.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the rumors flying around about Sega making a new console soon have any truth to them at all, that would deem this unlikely. Otherwise, maybe it would be possible to see some Dreamcast games ported or remade. The 3DS has all the buttons a Dreamcast controller had, and VMU features could go on the bottom screen. If you think about it, it could work really well.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
PeregrinFig said:
If the rumors flying around about Sega making a new console soon have any truth to them at all, that would deem this unlikely. Otherwise, maybe it would be possible to see some Dreamcast games ported or remade. The 3DS has all the buttons a Dreamcast controller had, and VMU features could go on the bottom screen. If you think about it, it could work really well.
http://www.techlineinfo.com/toylet-an-inno...rom-sega-japan/
?

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:

that would be dumb of them do they want to get crush again

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see this happen, provided that the games were ported to the Gamecube first, if it's true about how the 3DS's SDK is similar to the Gamecube's SDK.
Of course, I can't see the ports being done very well, considering how well Sega ports games.
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Then again though, that's just if Sega ports games, obviously other companies made games for the Dreamcast, so, then again, some ports could be done very well.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Traverse96 said:
I could see this happen, provided that the games were ported to the Gamecube first, if it's true about how the 3DS's SDK is similar to the Gamecube's SDK.
Of course, I can't see the ports being done very well, considering how well Sega ports games.
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Then again though, that's just if Sega ports games, obviously other companies made games for the Dreamcast, so, then again, some ports could be done very well.

That Crazy Taxi for PSP sucks like dinosaur's balls.

Screw that! Baten Kaitos I+II to the 3DS!

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marvel vs capcom 2 or crazy taxi would be amazing. Didn't they say they were going to have street fighter III third strike on the 3ds. that was also on dreamcast.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get my hopes up - remember how Super Mario 64 was ported to the DS? We didn't see a flood of N64 ports on the DS after that. Also consider that Rayman 2 was also on the PS1, meaning that the game could be getting ported from there with updated graphics as opposed to the Dreamcast version.

I would love it if we got DC games on the 3DS, but don't expect them.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Would be really nice to see some DC games on 3DS, even though I much rather see some original titles, since there is already some remakes/ports announced for the system and I hope it`s not a trend.

Shenmue I&II port would be amazing, but I say that regardless of which system it gets released on
tongue.gif
I dont think of it as a trend but as refreshing of old game and make it awalible for newer gamers to see what games we older games played and share that same experience but in newer edition, with beter graphics and on portable console where you can play when ewer and wherewer you want......... But yeah, your right, i would also like to see some newer tytles much rader than remakes. for example on on one remake dwo or three new games
biggrin.gif

Shenmue is great game, i played it for 30 minutes and i fall in love with the game
smile.gif

sorry for my bad english
smile.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Oh man, stop getting my hopes up, but it most likely won't happen.
Who knows what will future bring but i am sure as technologie advance and hand heald consoles are geting more powerfull, we (gamers) wont be needing sega to port sonic adventure on some nintendo hand heald console in the future. all wee will be needing is good dreamcast emulator and we hawe sonic on portable console
biggrin.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
I would LOVE to see Dreamcast 2
biggrin.gif
..... or some portable sega console (i love my Dreamcast and i'm still playing it
smile.gif
) but i'm not sure sega is into hardware thing anny more :/........ but who knows
biggrin.gif

Yea, your right
biggrin.gif
botom screen could act as VMU and theres the shoulder buttons and analog stick at the same place where the dreamcast analog stick is and ABXY buttons are physicly aranged the same way as DC joypad
smile.gif
..... Please sega, port some games on 3DS
gba.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Wiiloader~ said:
PeregrinFig said:
I would LOVE to see Dreamcast 2
biggrin.gif
..... or some portable sega console (i love my Dreamcast and i'm still playing it
smile.gif
) but i'm not sure sega is into hardware thing anny more :/........ but who knows
biggrin.gif
I think the first poster is confused, but DCP? Dreamcast portable
tongue.gif

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
PeregrinFig said:
http://www.techlineinfo.com/toylet-an-inno...rom-sega-japan/
?
Thats the new console that SEGA was working on???????
wtf.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
PeregrinFig said:

that would be dumb of them do they want to get crush again
If Sega announced a console at E3, I'd go to GameStop that very day and preorder, out of faith in the Sega brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte