Dreamcast Emulation

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm trying to get Chankast or DEmul to work on my PC with varying degrees of success. I can get the BIOS up and running perfectly but I cannot get my Sonic Adventure 2.cdi to be recognised by Chankast (when mounted through DaemonTools) and with DEmul I managed to get it to boot the game but it gets stuck on the Sega screen.

Any help for me to get Chankast to run?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There is a successful Dreamcast emulator?
unsure.gif

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend NullDC, once configured, is the most accurate DC emulator. However, I'd say it is still futile in comparison with the original hardware.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course, but everything is. I don't have an original Dreamcast or the funds to go finding the games etc.

Any extra plugins which improve NullDC in any way?

Edit: Ok, I have NullDC working now, any way to have it recognise joypad input?

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Of course, but everything is. I don't have an original Dreamcast or the funds to go finding the games etc.

Any extra plugins which improve NullDC in any way?

Edit: Ok, I have NullDC working now, any way to have it recognise joypad input?
the games you can just burn lol. no need to buy them

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a program like xpadder to get nulldc to work with a gamepad of sorts. You have to set keys to the buttons and analog sticks. Nulldc does not seem to support gamepads natively, yet anyways.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only real issue with SA2 in the latest versions is that when you press the buttons you specified for forward and back (to move your character forwards or backwards), it will tilt the character a bit to the left. It's as if you had your analog stick held slightly offcenter. Pretty obnoxious too. You can fix it by using an older build, but that would mean less compatibility. It doesn't do this in all games either for some reason... You MIGHT be able to fix it somehow by messing with gamepad calibration or something.

For those having issues with that game in nulldc, i'd recommend playing the Gamecube version in Dolphin. It's an identical game, with a few new bonuses such as pretty expansive multiplayer. At this point, Dolphin plays the game 99% flawlessly for me, much more so than nulldc. It doesn't require too beefy of a PC either, more than dreamcast, but if you have a decent dual core over 2.5ghz and a competent GPU, you'll probably be ok. I can play it fullspeed all the time on these specs-

Athlon II x2 250 @3ghz
2GB DDR2 ram
Radeon 4350 (dxdiag says it has 1274MB video memory, not sure if that's accurate, but this is a weak gpu)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.