ROM Hack Dream Team music modding?

GoopSinpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to whether there is any way to mod the music in Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. All I've gotten from searching is that Smash 4 and the newer Pokemon games are able to be modded in that regard. My apologies if I come across as a bit of a noob, I just barely got CFW and all that working the other day.

t.schultz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried dumping the ROMFS and looking into what's there?
The thing is the music is stored in a ARC file and is compressed with LZ-10 it's not as easy as like the Superstar Saga Remake where there is a stream folder with all the music readily available. One would need to be able to edit the .arc file and convert the music you want into cseq which is the format used for Dream Team

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The thing is the music is stored in a ARC file and is compressed with LZ-10 it's not as easy as like the Superstar Saga Remake where there is a stream folder with all the music readily available. One would need to be able to edit the .arc file and convert the music you want into cseq which is the format used for Dream Team
Dream Team doesn't use CSEQs for the BGM it uses RSDs. And yes you can rip the RSDs from the ARC using DreamTeamSoundTool but you can't mod any music as it is currently not known on how to make RSD files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?