Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
from ign.com:

QUOTE said:
Released on the DS last September, Drawn to Life allows players to doodle their own characters and monsters. If you ever thought the Wii's motion controls would work well for this game, THQ is on the same level with you. During the company's Q3 2008 earnings conference call today, President Brian Farrell revealed plans to bring Drawn to Life to Nintendo's console.

The DS game was fairly well-received by the press, with an average review of 7.3. Without disclosing exact sales figures, Farrell said the handheld game has sold "several hundred thousand units worldwide," and that THQ's DS business has increased 94 percent over its past three fiscal quarters due to the game.

No details on Drawn to Life Wii were given at this time, but Farell said THQ will be announcing several new Wii-exclusive titles in the coming weeks.

IMO, the DS game was nice, a little to kiddy for me but the idea was excellent, 12 years ago I would have loved this game..
Don't know if this will work as well on the Wii though..

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drawing with a pointer is extremely different than a stylus...

I more than likely won't buy this game, but it'll be nice.

Hopefully it get recieved well.
Then maybe third parties will give a little more lovin'

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why put a shit game on another console?
The idea was great, the game was just boring.

laugh.gif

Yeah, though I wouldn't call it "shit," I would have to agree, I found it boring and I can't see myself getting into a Wii version. However, it possibly could be fun, since there's a lot more that can be done on the Wii. It all depends on how much the game makers put into the game. If it's merely more of designing a character only to do platforming that's already been done before -- to death -- then, yeah, it'll probably flounder.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This makes no sense.
The Wii isn't for drawing. I can't hold my wiimote so long in the air.
frown.gif

I hope it sells bad...

We can only wait and see. Maybe it's going to be "Shaked to Live" or something.
laugh.gif

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of drawing the characters would they just use your Mii? I remember being excited for Drawn to Life, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably ship another peripheral called the Wiiblet or Wiidraw or something with it(a tablet/pen).

I can't see how the game would be any fun otherwise trying to draw with the standard controllers, as even if you could manage to use them like a pen it would just be unqieldly considering their size.

On the bright side though the greater capabilities of the Wii could really offer an opportunity to make an awesome game if they take advantage of them, and work out a good drawing mechanism.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup